Avengers / Anomaly (Part 1)

You sat in a small cell, staring out through the glass walls. 

The man you knew as Steve came up to you with Tony.

"She doesn't exactly look like a villain." Tony muttered as you looked up at him.

"Maybe she doesn't look like one but she's destroyed countless universes." Steve said as you glared at him.

"I didn't fucking mean it!" You screamed back at him as he held his hand up to silence you.

"Do not use that language with me, especially if you want a chance getting out of this cell. Am I understood?" He warned as you rolled your eyes and nodded. 

“Fine.” You grumbled crossing your arms.

"You've got a real dad vibe going on right now." Tony said as Steve glared at him.

"Jeez, sorry. Why does she make you so angry?" Tony asked as Steve sighed.

"Because she's a reckless kid that doesn't understand consequences. Strange is on his way." Steve grumbled before walking away, Tony didn't understand why he was acting like this.

"I don't mean it... I never want to hurt anyone." You whispered with tears in your eyes.

"How old are you, kid?" Tony asked as you looked at up him.

"I'm seventeen." You muttered as Tony looked at you sadly.

"So, why is he saying you're a villain?" Tony asked, sitting on the floor outside your cell.

"I can't control it... Sometimes I dream about these other realities, I like them I have fun and meet people and I dream about it for weeks and then...everything goes black and white and then this big dark creature starts killing everyone... Then I have nightmares for weeks about everyone blaming me for what I did. But, I don't mean it." You whispered as you began to cry softly, you hid your face and pulled your knees to your chest.

"Steve isn't usually someone to get randomly angry..." Tony muttered, still confused.

"He mentioned something about a woman named Peggy." You replied as Tony looked at you and nodded a little, still deep in thought.

"We'll get this sorted out, okay? I can see you're not a bad person or evil or whatever Steve thinks you are. I'll help you out." Tony said making you smile.

"Thank you... I've felt so alone for so long, it's nice to have someone on my side." You muttered making Tony smile in return.

"How about I go get you some food and something to drink?"

--

You sat in the cell eating pizza, Tony on the outside doing the same as you both talked and laughed.

"So, what happened to your parents?" He asked as you sighed and looked away.

"They were...assholes. So, when I turned 16 I moved out on my own." You mumbled as he nodded.

"I know things seem bad right now, but maybe this is a good thing. Once we get all of this sorted I can help you find a good place to live, maybe even help you get a job." He replied as you looked back at him.

"I don't even know why you're helping me." You whispered as Tony offered you a small smile.

"Because you deserve someone on your side. I can tell you didn't want any of this to happen. Now finish the pizza, I paid for it." He said making you laugh and shake your head.

--

When Tony came to see you again he was with Dr. Strange and Steve.

You slowly stood up and looked at them.

"It's nice to meet you." You muttered as Strange looked at you in confusion.

"If I'm being honest, the way Steve described you I was expecting something else." He muttered, his voice monotone like usual.

"Yeah, well we can't exactly work out why Steve is being a little bitch to a kid." Tony replied making you chuckle.

"Because she ruined my chance at a happy ending!" Steve shouted, his emotions snapping.

You stared at him in shock.

"I don't know what you mean..." You whispered, thankful there was a glass wall seperating you can an angry Captain America.

"That place you went to, the one that was behind in decades, the one that turned black and white and you made everyone suffer. She was there, Peggy was there! I was going to go there and be with her, I had found a way. But, just before I did... You ruined everything." He growled as you stepped back a little.

Maybe only now the weight of how many lives you'd ruined weighed down on you.

And, now Tony finally knew why Cap was so angry with you.

"I never wanted to hurt anyone..." You whispered, feeling tears in your eyes.

"I don't control this! I never have and...and." You trailed off and slid down the glass wall and hid your face, sobbing quietly.

"Steve, go cool off." Tony said as he thankfully stormed off.

Strange opened the cell doors and stepped in.

"Well, it's a very curious case. Not unheard of, but definitely rare. You have the ability to travel between realms at will, that's pretty incredible. The thing I don't understand is why they get destroyed." Strange said, pacing in front of you in deep thought.

"Maybe you were never human to begin with... Tony, we need to run some tests on her. She doesn't need to be in a cell, we just need to make sure if she needs to sleep we sedate her so her mind isn't as active." Strange said as Tony nodded, you slowly stood up and wiped away your tears.

"Thank you for helping me." You whispered as Strange looked at you.

He was...well Strange.

"Come on, kid. Let's get you up to the infirmary, we can run some tests."