Toxic Dad Tony

You came down the stairs in the morning to see Steve reading the news paper.

"Where's dad?" You asked as he looked up his glasses sitting on his nose like an old man.

"He was out all night last night drinking, so he'll be asleep for a while." He replied as you rolled your eyes and nodded.

You began getting breakfast and sat beside Steve.

"I hate when he drinks." You grumble as Steve looked at you sadly.

"I know, kid. Why don't we do something today?" He asked as you smiled a little.

"I'd really like that. I've been wanting to go to this new exhibition at the museum, could you take me?" You asked, your eyes lighting up making Steve chuckle softly.

"Of course, kid."

--

You walked around the exhibition with Steve, looking at every single thing and running around like a child.

Steve wouldn't admit it but he'd always wanted a daughter like, you practically were his daughter.

He knew how much Tony neglected you.

Steve let you spend as much time at the museum as he could until you received a phone call from your father.

"Dad?" You muttered, biting the inside of your cheek nervously.

"Where the hell are you? At that fucking museum? I said you couldn't go!" He shouted as tried to think of something to say.

Anything to defuse the situation.

"I'm sorry. Steve had a free day so I came with him. We've been perfectly safe." You reassured him as Steve came over and listened to the conversation. 

“Well, come back right now. I never gave you permission.” He growled before hanging up the phone. 

Steve could see your hands shaking a little when you hung up the phone. 

“Come on, kid. Don’t worry, I’ll take the blame for it.” Steve said leading you out of the museum.

You stood in front of your father as he glared at you.

"Tony, she's perfectly safe with me. She just wanted to go to the museum." Steve said in your defence.

"She isn't your fucking daughter! She's mine and she will not leave unless I fucking say!" Tony shouted as you looked away from him.

"It's not my fault you were too fucking drunk to take me." You grumbled before Tony slapped you across the face.

You fell back before Steve punched him.

"No! You do not lay a hand on her!" Steve shouted as Tony glared at him.

"You're just like your father. Y/N, go up to your room." Steve demanded as you nodded and quickly ran away.

--

A few hours passed and you sat in your bed, silently.

Steve opened the door and you looked up.

"Hey, love. A few things have happened." He whispered sitting down in front of you on your bed.

"I'm not letting him treat you like this anymore. Shield is stepping in and taking Tony for a bit, he's too unstable to be a hero and especially to be a father. He'll be evaluated and taken care of there while I run everything here." Steve explained as you began to cry.

Steve looked at you sadly and moved forward to hold you.

"It's okay, I've got you." Steve whispered, rubbing your back softly.

"I feel sick." You whispered as Steve continued to comfort you.

"Shh, just focus on me and breath. There's nothing you need to do I'll take care of it all." He whispered as you slowed down your breathing and rested your head against him.

"That's it, I'll protect you, sweetheart." Steve said kissing the top of your head as he continued to calm you down.

"Just breath, Y/N."