Platonic Steve

"Steve!" You screamed out as Steve looked up from where he was drinking coffee at the dining table.
He saw you run down the stares, nearly out of breath.

"Calm down. Are you okay?" He asked, looking at you with worry.

"Yes, yeah sorry. You remember that girl I met at the coffee shop? Well, she texted me and she wants to go out!" You shouted sitting beside him and showing him the text.
He reached into his pocket to get his reading glasses out, making you laugh.

"Shut up, I might need glasses now but I can still kick your ass." He muttered, reading over the text.

"Hey, are you free Friday? That's all she said?" Steve muttered as you rolled your eyes.

"Yes, people are quick with dating these days. We don't need to send a letter and aks their father for permission." You teased making Steve roll his eyes and chuckle softly.

"Ha ha very funny, Y/N. I get it I'm old, but I can still help with all this dating stuff." He replied as you stared at the text message on your phone.

"I have to send something back that makes me sound interested but not like obsessed. You know?" You said, turning to Steve who looked confused.

"How about just a yes?" He asked as your eyes widened.

"Do you think I hate this girl, Steve?" You asked as you placed his head in his hands.

"I can't keep up, Y/N." He replied, making you chuckle softly.

"Okay, hang on. Yeah, I'm free. Did you have a place in mind?" You muttered as you typed the text back.

"There, that's perfect." Steve replied as you turned your phone off and took a deep breath.
Steve chuckled and held onto your hand.

"It's okay, you did well. If you need me to be in a disguise and come with you, I will." He said making you laugh and squeeze his hand in return.

"It's definitely want to see you in a wig but I can do this on my own, thank you." You replied, resting your head on his shoulder.

"But, you will have to help me with what to wear. I wanna be kind of slutty but still someone you can take home to your mother, you know?" You said making Steve shake his head and chuckle.

"God, I hate you."