Bucky / The Ward

You laid in your bed at the hospital staring at the picture of a baby duck on the wall.

"The fuck are you smiling at." You muttered, you hadn't slept all night so being grumpy was to be expected.

The door opened and you looked up to see one of the doctors.

"Good morning, Y/N. You ready for breakfast, Hun?" She asked as you sat up and groaned.

"I need coffee." You muttered making her chuckle.

"There's plenty of coffee, come on." She said as you put your shoes on and left your room, following the doctor down the hallway, smelling the fresh breakfast cooking.

When you entered you found your only friend and walked up to him to get breakfast as well.

"Hey, Barnes." You muttered as he grumbled and nodded his head a little.

He wasn't exactly the talking type.

You both got a tray of food before sitting at your regular spot by the window.

"I slept like shit last night." You muttered as he ate his breakfast and just nodded a little.

"How's the paranoia?" You asked as he rolled his eyes.

"They gave me new medication... I still know the truth though, so that means my paranoia isn't real and what I see is." He said as you nodded a little.

"Well, maybe you need to give the medication some time to work." You replied as he glared at you.

"You sound just like the doctors." He grumbled before he continued to eat.

"I heard Steve was coming to visit this week, that'll be good." You said, trying to change the subject.

"Yeah... I have missed him actually." He muttered as you smiled softly.

"I'm excited to see him again, he's always so nice to me." You said as Bucky smiled a little.

"It's because he feels sorry for you, by the way." He said as you glared at him.

"You suck. Eat your damn bacon."

--

You sat in the main room sketching like usual, you leant against Bucky where he was on the couch watching tv.

The front door was opened by the doctors and you saw Steve entering with his wife, Peggy.

Bucky looked up and for a moment you could see a streak of jealously, you always had a feeling he liked Steve more than a friend.

"Hey, punk!" Steve said, rushing in to give Bucky a hug.

Bucky hugged him, holding onto him for as long as he could.

You glanced up every now and then from your sketchbook. Steve and Bucky sat together to talk as Peggy sat next to you.

"Hello, Y/N. How have things been?" She asked as you smiled softly.

"Not too bad." You muttered in response as Peggy glanced at Bucky and Steve.

"So... How's thing with you and Bucky?" She asked, turning back to you.

"Good, he's my closest friend in here and maybe out there too. He's the only one in here that doesn't care about my past...cause his is kind of worse." You muttered as she chuckled softly and nodded.

"I like Bucky... But, he's still lost in...an old love." You whispered glancing at him and Steve.

"Yeah, I know he's in love with Steve." Peggy muttered as you nodded.