Bucky / I'm Sorry

“So, Bucky has joined the team now and you’re worried he’ll remember who you are." Your therapist said as you looked at her and nodded.

"What I did to him... It can't be forgiven." You whispered as she looked back at you.

"But, it wasn't you at the end of the day. You were forced to control minds by your sister, maybe Bucky will understand that he was tortured by Hydra as well. He's going to find out one way or another, wouldn't you rather you be the one to tell him?" She suggested as you sighed.

"Yeah... Maybe you're right."

--

You sat on the couch in the main room of the Avengers tower.
You saw Bucky walk in and quickly stood up.

"H-Hey, I wanted to talk to you." You said as he looked at you.

"It's Y/N right? I assumed you'd want to talk, Steve told me you came from hydra too." He said as you felt your hands shaking.

"Yeah... That's actually I wanted to talk to you about." You say as you sit down and motion for him to sit across from you.

"Did I hurt you?" He asked in fear as you smiled sadly.

"No, actually. Do you... Do you remember Minerva?" You whispered as he looked at you in shock.

"Yeah, she was one of the leaders in Hydra." He muttered, looking away from you.
A silence fell across the room as he looked up at you.

"She's my sister..." You whispered as he looked at you in shock.

"No, then that... That would make you..." He whispered as you felt tears in your eyes.

"I'm so sorry, Bucky. I never ever wanted to hurt anyone." You whispered before he stood up abruptly.

"Enough!" He screamed making you jump in shock.

"You don't get to grovel! It was you! You're the one that fucking controlled my mind! The one that was always in there!" He screamed as you stood up and backed away, tears streaming down your face.

"Please, Bucky. I didn't have a choice, she made me do all of it." You replied as he stalked towards you.

"Do you have any idea what that feels like? Do you know what your power does to people?" He growled as you cried softly.

"I regret it every single day, please. I'm so so sorry, Bucky." You whispered before the elevator opened and you saw Steve behind you.
You quickly ran towards him and his behind him.

"I'm sorry..." You cried out as Steve looked at you then to Bucky.

"What's going on?" He asked as you cried.

"How could you do this, Steve? She's the fucking reason for all my trauma. She's the one who controlled me in Hydra!" Bucky shouted as Steve kept you behind him.

"Buck, it's okay. Just calm down, I know this is a lot to take in but we can talk about this calmly." Steve said, you peaked out from behind Steve and looked at Bucky.

"Just leave me alone, I need time to think about this." He growled before storming off.
You took a deep breath and stepped away from Steve.

"I'm sorry, I thought telling him would be best." You whispered as you began to cry.
Steve came up to you and wrapped his arms around you.

"It's okay, love. You did the right thing." He reassured you as you cried.

"When I controlled him, I would do everything I could to make him not remember any of it. Or I would search his mind and make him relive a good memory while he had to kill someone. A lot of the memories were with you." You whispered making Steve smile sadly.

"See, love? Even while Hydra was making you do those awful things you were still caring about someone you didn't even know. Bucky just needs time to process this, okay?"