Bucky / Soft Eyes For You

bluesnorlqx
(I hope this is okay!)
You sat across from John fucking Walker going through files.
You hated that you had to work with him, but it was a must.
Bucky would be here soon anyway.

"Barnes will join us soon, how do you deal with him? You guys have been working together for years, I don't know how you deal with him." John said as you looked up and glared at him.

"I would watch what you say Walker." You grumbled as you held up your left hand to show him a ring.
He choked a little and looked at you in surprise.

"You guys are married!?" He said making you chuckle.

"Good detective you are." You muttered before the door opened and you looked up to see Bucky entering.
As soon as he entered he looked angry, you didn't blame him you hated John as well, but you could hide it better.

"Do you ever look happy?" John said as you groaned.

"Not when I see your face." Bucky grumbled before he sat next to you and kissed you softly.

"Promise you'll get me drunk after this?" You whispered to him making him chuckle.

"Don't worry, it's a promise."

You sat with Bucky at a bar as you bitched about John.

“As much as I hate him I have been enjoying this.” You muttered as Bucky’s looked at you with confusion.

“How on earth do you enjoy this?” He asked making you chuckle softly.

“I know we’re still fighting bad guys and stuff but it’s just simple human crap, or super human crap. No immortals, aliens or fucking vampires. I don’t know, I’m just enjoying a somewhat simple life. We have our own place, we go to work helping the police and John each day, we come home, have dinner and act like a damn old married couple. We spent our lives fighting war after war, now we get to be incredibly boring together.” You said making Bucky smile softly.

“I guess I never saw it like that, and if you think about it everyone always has that coworker they hate. So, we’re even more normal in that sense. But, other people don’t have a metal arm that can kill said coworker.” Bucky said making you chuckle softly.

“It’s going to be a long week.”

“You fucking what!?” Bucky shouted as you sighed and looked at him.

“I invited John over for dinner.” You replied as Bucky looked at you in shock.

“We have to keep this dickhead on our good side, I can see he has a killer vibe, I’m just making sure we won’t be one of the victims. And I thought it would be better to talk about the case over dinner. It’s just take out and us looking at photos of dead bodies, it’s not like it’s dinner with the King.” You replied making Bucky sigh.

“I’ll be nice on one condition.” He said as you narrowed your eyes at him.

“And what will that be?” You replied as he looked back at you.

“Shower sex, I’m kidding I want pancakes in the morning.” He said making you face palm and laugh softly. 

“God I hate you, but sure I promise you pancakes.” You replied making him smile.

Night fell and John arrived, you noticed that he didn't bring anything, not even some after dinner chocolates.
Maybe this was informal but you were still raised by pretty formal people.
While you got plates and utensils out Bucky crept up behind you.

"You're pissed he didn't bring anything, aren't you?" He said as you turned around.

"He's not a gentleman that's for sure." You whispered making Bucky laugh softly.

"There's an old posh Victorian woman inside your mind somewhere." He replied making me shake my head and laugh.
The night dragged on and Bucky had never stopped glaring at John, to be honest you hadn't stopped rolling your eyes at him.
You had popped away to the toilet as Bucky look through files with John.

"You know, I've heard some things about Y/N. She's got an even bigger kill count then you, I suppose it makes sense you ended up together." John said with a chuckle as Bucky narrowed his eyes.

"I'd be very careful what you say next, because I might add an extra number to that kill count." Bucky growled as you returned.

"What are we talking about?" You asked before sitting back down next to Bucky.

"I was saying I think you and Bucky are a perfect fit, with all the kill counts." John said as you looked at him.

"Calm down, Mr Righteous. I get you're trying to start a fight or rile up Bucky or some shit but it won't work. We just have five more days to work together, I was nice enough to invite you here and you didn't even show up with anything!" You shouted as Bucky looked at you in shock.

"She's definitely your wife Barnes, you should probably train her better though." John growled as you went to lunge at him but Bucky stopped you.

"Get out." Bucky growled as John chuckled and left your apartment.

"Argh, I want take off his nose, Bucky." You growled as Bucky began to calm down and chuckled softly.

"Ignore him, we always do anyway. He's just a sad typical American man wanting to put others down so he feels better. Why don't we take a shower and then watch a movie?" Bucky asked as you looked up at him.

"I thought we settled on pancakes?" You replied making him laugh.

"After that I think I deserve both."