Fairy Bread

LylahroseG

"Steve, what the hell is all this?" Tony muttered looking at the giant care package Steve had put together.

"Well, she's Australian and maybe she's missing home so I got Peter to google Australian things and I put it all together for her." Steve said making Tony chuckle softly.

"Well, you're kind I can garentee that. You know, I kind of have a fear of Australians." Tony said as Steve looked at him in confusion.

"What? They're scary and they don't care that I'm rich and famous, and they always say what they're thinking." Tony said making Steve laugh and shake his head.
They heard the sound of the elevator and looked to see it opening, first they saw Fury and then they saw their new guest.
They were pretty shocked to see a young woman wearing just a crop top and denim shorts with flip flops on.

"Aren't you freezing? It's winter." Tony said as you chuckled.

"Nah, cold's good for me bones." You muttered making Tony chuckle.

"Oh, shit! Is that fucking Vegemite!" You shouted running over to the box of goodies Steve had put together for you.

"Yeah, I got just a bunch of Australian things and put them in a box." Steve said as you began looking through it.

"Aww thanks, mate. You're a true cobber." You replied as they both looked at each other than to you.

"A what?" Steve muttered making you laugh.

"I'm saying you're a good friend." You replied before you pulled out the Vegemite.

"Have you tried it? And I'm not saying with a goddam spoon, yankie. I'm saying the proper way." You asked as they continued to stare at you, they weren't too sure how to react.

"Well, I can't say that I've tried it. How about we eat that for lunch?" Tony suggested as you chuckled.

"Oh, hell yeah. Than it's fairy bread for dessert."

-

Only half the team was at the tower for lunch, they counted the other half lucky.
They stared down at their plates to see four pieces of bread, two toasted with butter and Vegemite and then two non toasted with butter and sprinkles on top.

"Lunch is served." You said as you sat down.
Tony leaned over to Steve.

"You see why I'm scared of Australians?" Tony muttered making Steve laugh and shake his head.
They each took a bite of the Vegemite toast first and there was a lot of mixed reactions.
Surprisingly Tony liked it, and you kind of guessed Steve and Bucky would've cause they ate 40s army rations.
Peter and Bruce took one bite and looked away from you.

"You can spit it out if you want to." You said as they quickly spat it out.

"You know, it's not that bad. I kind of like it. Now, what is the deal with butter and sprinkles on bread?" Tony said as you chuckled.

"It's a delicacy! You have to try it, it's simple but it's a staple at parties." You said as they bit into the next.

"I mean, it's just butter, bread and sprinkles. What's not to like?" Bucky said, making you chuckle softly.

"Exactly!" You replied as you all continued eating.

"Have you tried American delicacies? And by that I mean food we stole from other countries." Tony said making you laugh softly.

"Yeah, it's a bit how's your father though, isn't it?" You said, still eating as they all looked at you in confusion.

"We need to have an Australian language lesson."