Avengers - Lyla

Maybe there were warning signs...but you ignored them.
He was the father of your daughter and you never imagined he would do something like this.
He came home from work early and you could tell he'd been drinking.

"Is everything okay, Leon?" You muttered as he threw the bottle in his hand and smashed it against the wall.

"They fucking fired me! Nothing in this fucking life goes right!" He screamed as you backed away.

"Baby, it's okay. We'll figure this out. I need to go get Lyla from school okay?" You said as he looked at you.

"Do you think I care about that fucking brat?!" He replied as your eyes widened.
You snapped and slapped him across the face.

"No! You do not get to fucking say that about your daughter!" You screamed before he grabbed you and threw you against the wall.
You had the wind knocked out of you and you groaned in pain.

"You will not fucking talk to me like that you little bitch. I go out and fucking work for you and provide a house and this is how you fucking treat me?" He growled as you quickly escaped his grip, he went to go grab you but you dodged him.

"Please! Please, calm down." You begged as he glared at you.

"You're so fucking replaceable, do you get that? I can fuck anyone I like and have another kid. Neither of you are special!" He shouted as you felt tears in your eyes.
He looked at you and laughed and shook his head.
You acted quickly and pushed him out of the way, grabbed your shoes and ran out of the door.
You ran as fast as you could as you heard him yell after you. Your heart was beating so fast while you ran down the streets, trying to put your shoes on while you ran.
It wasn't far to Lyla's school and you were almost there.
You just needed to get her, get on a bus and try to find a way to contact Tony, he was your only option in this situation.
You finally made it to Lyla’s school and saw her waiting patiently with her backpack. You smiled and ran up to her as she gave you a big hug.

“You’re late.” She said making you chuckle softly.

“I know, love. I’m sorry, but we have to go, okay? Daddy is really angry and he’d going to try and hurt us so we need to leave.” You tried to explain as she looked at you in confusion.

“I’ll explain later, sweetheart. But, right now we need to leave, okay?” You said as she nodded.
You took her hand tightly in yours before you began walking quickly to the nearest bus station.
You got on the first bus that was heading towards the city and sat Lyla down next to you.

“Okay, I just need to borrow your phone.” You said, reaching into her backpack and pulling out the small burner phone you’d given her for emergencies. In this moment you were very thankful you’d given it to her.
And you were even more thankful you’d learnt Tony’s number. You tried to steady your shaking hands as you rang up his number and prayed he would answer.

“Um, hello?” His voice answered as you breathed a sigh of relief.

“Tony, thank god. I need help.” You said, trying to keep yourself from having a panic attack.
Tony was your cousin and he’d always been there no matter what, and you knew he would be here to take you in after what happened.

“Y/N? Is everything okay?” Tony asked as you held Lyla close to you.

“I-It was Leon, he got really violent and I had to run away. Can Lyla and I stay with you for a bit?” You asked as Lyla rested her head on your shoulder.

“Of course, Y/N. Do you want me to have a car pick you up?” He asked as you let yourself finally relax.

“No, it’s okay. We’re on the bus now, I’ll meet you outside the tower.” You replied as he confirmed it with you and said goodbye.

“We’re going to Uncle Tony’s?” Lyla asked as you looked down and smiled at her.

“Yeah, we’ll be safe there. Uncle Tony still has your old room set up.” You said as she smiled excitedly.
Honestly you knew this change wouldn’t be that hard for her, Lyla’s dad was barely ever around anyway.
But, you would need to get her into a different school.
All that could wait, you breathed and did you best to relax as the bus continued on.

After an hour you finally made it into the city, with Lyla’s hand in yours you made your way to Tony’s tower. You saw him standing outside and Lyla quickly ran up to him, making you smile softly.
You made it to Tony and hugged him as well.

"Thank you so much, Tony." You whispered as he hugged you tightly.

"I missed you so much, Y/N. You're always welcome here." Tony said as you smiled and entered the tower with him.

"Uncle Tony can I have food?" Lyla said as you stood in the elevator with them.

"Of course you can, kid. You can eat all you want!" He said before the doors opened and Lyla ran out to the kitchen as fast as she could.
She started gathering snacks while you sighed and sat down.

--

Lyla was taking a nap while you were sitting with Steve and Tony.

"He used to get angry... But he never hit me. When he got home he just snapped. Insulting Lyla, insulting me." You whispered, trying to not cry.

"I'll help you with all the legal stuff, but for now you and Lyla can just be safe and relax." Tony said making you smile.

"Thank you so much, Tony."