Avengers / Anomaly (Part 2)

You laid in a bed, doing your best to not fall asleep while Tony drew some blood.

"Steve would never hurt me, right?" You whispered as Tony looked down at you sadly.

"No, he wouldn't. He's angry, but he doesn't understand this. He's seeing you as a criminal and nothing more, he'll come around when he realises you're just a kid that drew the wrong card in life." Tony said, before placing a bandaid over where he'd drawn blood.

"You're really nice." You whispered in response making him chuckle.

"I try my best, kid." He said before sitting down at his computer to test the blood.

Strange walked in and stood beside Tony.

They both stared at the computer in thought.

"Odd..." Tony muttered as Strange rubbed his chin.

"I believe it's demon blood mixed with human blood." Strange said as you sat at straight.

"What!?" You asked as they turned to you.

"Let me see something." Strange muttered as he placed his hand to your forehead.

"Interesting..." He muttered before pulling away.

"You are possessing this body." He said as your eyes widened.

"What? That's impossible, I'm not a demon!" You shouted making Strange sigh.

"I'd say you possessed this body when it was a baby so your memories were erased. Now, the only way you escape is through dreams, and without realising you bring your dark energy to these realities and slowly destroy them." Strange said as you stared down at your hands.

"So... I'm a monster?" You muttered as Strange sat on the side of your bed.

"Y/N, I've met all kinds of creatures. Demons, angels, fairies, wizards... It doesn't matter what you are it matters what you do. Angels can be the worst monster to exist and demons could be the kindest soul to exist. We don't control how we're created but we control what we become." Strange said as you looked at him in surprised.

"That...actually makes a lot of sense." You replied as Strange finally cracked a smile.

"Jesus, Stephen. You're gonna have me tearing up." Tony replied making you chuckle.

Strange stood up and cleared his throat.

"Don't get used to it. I have an idea, we will need to tether your soul to this reality. That way you won't drift while you sleep. But, the process is rather painful." Strange said as you nodded a little.

"It doesn't matter, I just want to stop destroying lives." You said as he nodded.

"Good, I'll be back in a few hours." Strange said before walking away.

You sat against the bed head and sighed.

"So, a demon?" Tony said sitting on the side of the bed.

"I guess so... Does this make you like me less?" You asked as he chuckled softly.

"No, not at all. It's pretty cool though, we've never had a demon on the team." He said as you looked at him.

"On the team?" You asked, Tony smiling in return.

"Well, if you're not doing anything maybe you could stay here and figure all this out with us." He said as you leapt forward and hugged him tightly.

"Yes! Yes, please!" You shouted as he laughed and hugged you back tightly.

--

You were laying alone in the infirmary, trying your best to not fall asleep when you heard someone enter.

You looked up to see Steve, you slowly sat up and looked at him.

"I wanted to apoligise for how I acted. I acted in a selfish way, only thinking about how it effected me, I never once stopped to think that you were actually a victim in all of this." He said, sitting down on the side of the bed and looking at you.

"I never wanted anyone to get hurt... There's so much about myself that I don't know. I've hurt so many people and I'm so sorry you're one of them." You replied as he offered you a soft smile.

"You're willing to make up for what's happened and that makes you a good person, Y/N." He said making you smile in return.

"I'm glad you understand now... Strange is going to help us stop it." You informed him as he nodded.

"Tony also mentioned letting you stay here with us. I think it would be a good idea, considering you've only just discovered your true identity, this place would be perfect for you to discover more and how to control your powers." He said as you breathed a sigh of relief.

"I would love that... You have no idea how much this means to me, Steve." You replied.

You continued to talk to Steve for a while until Strange and Tony came in.

"Good to see you two getting along." Tony said as you smiled.

"Alright, Steve, Tony stay here, sit beside Y/N and hold her hands. She'll need it, this is going to hurt." Strange said as both men got into position and held onto your hands as you laid down.

You looked at Tony nervously.

"I'm scared." You whispered as he squeezed your hand.

"I know, but you aren't alone in this. We're all here for you, okay?" He said as you smiled and nodded.

Strange stood at the foot of your bed and took in a deep breath before closing his eyes and holding up his hands.

You closed your eyes and held onto Steve and Tony's hand before the pain started.

You cried out in pain, you couldn't even explain the pain, it wasn't physical and it wasn't mental but it hurt more than anything.

You screamed as Tony placed both of his hands over yours, looking at you in fear.

"Come on, Y/N. It's okay, kid. We're here." Tony whispered through your screams.

It continued on for a two more minutes until it stopped, you gasped and collapsed onto the bed, panting softly. 

Tony reached forward and brushed your hair out of your face. 

“Breath, kid. It’s over now.” Tony whispered as you looked at him tiredly. 

“You should rest now, Y/N.” Strange said as you blinked tiredly. 

“Thank you.” You muttered weakly as they smiled at you. 

Tony ran his hand through your hair as you smiled in return. 

“Get some rest now.”