Loki / Truth and Lies

My bones were aching and my ears were ringing.
My skin felt so cold.
You opened my eyes seeing I was laying on my side with my hands handcuffed in front of me.
I could see gold floors all around me and I instantly knew I was no longer on earth.
My eyes followed up the golden stairs, the familiarity clicking in my mind.
Asgard.
My eyes went up further and I saw someone I hadn't seen in so long.
Someone I thought was long dead.

"Loki." I whispered in disbelief as I starred at him, he smiled and looked down at me.

"There you are, love. Took you awhile to wake up." He said as I did my best to sit up.

"Loki? I don't understand, you died. How..." I whispered, still starring in shock.

"Oh, my sweet girl. I thought you knew me better." He said, all I could do was stay silent.

"Have I made you speechless?" He asked with a smirk on his face.

"You're... Different." I whispered in fear as he stood up from his throne and slowly came down to where I was.
He had his sceptor in his hand and hooked it under your chin making you look up.

"I know everything we had wasn't a lie. You don't lie to someone for 400 years, I don't know what happened to you but I know you're still there and I know I still love you." I whispered before he swung his sceptor, hitting my face making me fall onto my side.

"You're just as foolish as the day I met you." He growled as I stayed on the floor.

"I don't know who did this to you, but I'm sorry I wasn't there to save you." I whispered, not looking up at him.

"Take her to the dungeons!" He shouted as two guard grabbed me off the floor and dragged me out of the throne room.
I didn't bother to fight, I just let them drag me through the halls and to the cells below the castle.
They threw me into a cell as I watched them leave.
This wasn't Loki and I knew that, and I also knew none of this was up to him.
I saw beyond the facade he had created.
He had called me foolish but he was foolish to think I wasn't able to see what was truly going on.
I sighed and rested against the wall of the cell.
My life had been rather boring lately, if I was being honest I was due for something like this to happen.

--

If my timing was correct I had been in this dammed cell until nightfall, but then again it had been a while since I was on Asgard and the time here was a lot different.
I heard a noise and opened my eyes to see a guard looking down at me.

"Up, the King wants you to join him for dinner." He said as I chuckled softly and stood up.
He clamped restraints onto me as I walked beside him.

"Do you really enjoy this? Enjoy serving an unwise evil King?" I asked as he paused.
I had a way of getting into people's heads.

"You should undo these restraints and run away from here." I whispered as he turned to me and quickly released me.
I smiled as I walked back up into the halls of the castle.
If he wanted to play games then I was going to play with him.
I opened the doors to the dining hall to see Loki look up in surprise.

"I should've known that guard couldn't handle you. Sit down, my darling." He said as I glared into his cold eyes.
I sat at the table as servants brought out food.

"So, are we just going to keep pretending here? Because surely you can't be so dumb as to think the God of lies and the goddess of truth can lie to each other." I replied, keeping my posture straight and my face stoic.

"Maybe your undying love for me is clouding your judgement, my love. But, I don't mind one little bit. I would love to have a beautiful little thing like you by my side, a little pet that would do anything for me." He said as I rolled my eyes.

"You're delusion, my love. I don't know what happened to you in these past years, but it gives you no right to treat me like I am below you." I growled making him laugh softly.

"You survived all those years of torture in hel, remember? I remember you telling me that the way you survived was to just obey so you wouldn't make it worse. That may be your best course of action here, love. Obey your new master and you won't be tortured." He said as I sighed.

"Alright, I will obey. I will obey because I promised I would never abandon you, and I don't care how bad it gets I won't leave you to suffer." I replied, my strength not wavering.
I saw something in his eyes for a small moment, the old Loki shining through, but it was soon covered up with a vicious laugh.

"We'll see how long it takes to break you."

--

I was back in my cell as I stared at the ceiling.
A guard stood in front of the cell as I looked at him in confusion.

"I have to get you out of here, you're the only one that can defeat Loki." He said as he unlocked the doors, I stood up and looked at him in shock.

"I can't leave." I replied as he stared at me.

"You can, I will get you out of here." He said with urgency as I smiled sadly.

"I don't doubt your judgement one bit, but I love Loki, more than anything. Maybe he isn't in there anymore or maybe he is, either way I made a promise to not leave him. Thank you for your kindness and bravery anyway, soldier."I replied as he continued to stare at me.

"Your love for him must be very strong. I wish you the best of luck, m'lady." He said as I offered him a smile before he disappeared.
He ran off and I sat back down in my cell.

"You had an open chance to run from here, why didn't you?" I heard a voice say as I looked up to see Loki, maybe that guard was an illusion.

"You heard me, Loki. I made a promise." I whispered as he looked down at me.
I could see there was so much conflict within him.

"Whoever is making you do this, I'm here to help you stop them. You're not truly lost, love. There's a reason you kidnapped me and I know it wasn't so you could have a pretty trophy wife. You knew I was the only one who would help after everything." I continued, I saw a small trace of tears in his eyes.
I stood up and stood in front of him, still behind the cell bars.

"You're right, I need help." He whispered as I reached forward through the bars to hold his hands.

"Then I will be here until the end of time or however long is takes to get you out of this mess, my love." I whispered as he looked at me and nodded.

"Thank you."