Before the Dawn

Pops: "So you haven't seen my boy at all lately."

Marcel: "I'm sorry sir but last I saw of him was when he was walking home last week... (sighs) I really wish there was something I could do to help even just a little more."

Pops: "Its alright son just do the best you can (tears start forming as he takes his glasses off and wipes the tears from his eyes while also cleaning his glasses) I just hope we can find him before its too late."

Pops then walks out of the house taking the pile of flyers for his son with him leaving just a few flyers for Marcel and his family to help look for Virgil with Marcels adoptive father looking at the flyer then at his kids as a few tears start forming in his eyes.

Little boy 1: "(Tugs on the old mans leg) What's wrong?"

Old man: "(Sniffs) Nothing just hoping that nothing ever happens to any of you."

Little girl 1: "Well be with you forever."

The old man then hugs the kids while sniffling as Marcel gets up and leaves the house as this is all just to much for him and seeing how distraught pops was while knowing full well that Virgil ain't like him where he leaves home whenever he feels without ever saying when he'll come back.

Old man: "(Sniffles) And where do you think your going young man!"

Marcel: "(Holds up poster as he slams the door shut on his way out.) I can't believe that he has to ask where I'm going when one of my friends has gone missing (flips up hoodie and looks at poster) now where did you go?"

Marcel then begins walking down the streets of Gotham hoping to find any leads he could on where he had gotten only to discover that there are a lot more kids missing than he knew or probably even the city and that was just from one telephone booth who knows how many more missing kids posters there were in other areas.

While he walks he suddenly feels a very brief but sharp pain hit the back of his head as he falls down with his vision getting blurrier as he sees something walking towards him with a faint bright light in the distance but before he could try and figure out what it was he had passed out.

The second Marcel wakes up he jumps up and gets ready to attack whoever tried to knock him out but no matter where he looked no one was there and he could have sworn that he was in another place while also wearing newer versions of his clothes?

It makes no sense at all but he could have sworn that his hoodie was practically being held up with stitches where he had to watch where and how he moved or else the entire thing would fall apart as well as the strings on his hoodie seeming to be from the hoodie and not one of his old pair of shoes that he no longer wore.

Marcel: "(Looks around frantically) What just happened.... and where am I?"

Marcel looks around and once he spots a large dumpster and some stacked boxes and barrels and looking to see if he could actually make the jumps he then started running and jumping on top of the dumpster, then the box's, and then finally the barrels all the while just barely making the jumps in the process but if the fear of falling were enough to get him to quit something then he couldn't have gone through all the unfair and impossible testing from his teacher.

Once he landed on the roof of the nearby building he looked down and was surprised to see remains of what looked like a battle and while they weren't anything big to a guy who had been looking over any and everything to find out just who his teacher was supposed to be in the super world he had looked at lots and lots of different battle remains to the point he could tell when something was up.

Marcel: "(Crouches down) There's light scorching damage on the ground, some cracks in the floors and the walls that seem like time had just caused them but there to neat and tidy to be caused by anything other than someone slamming something into the ground as hard as they could, and from the way some of the barrels look something smashed into them really recently as no one's gonna have broken barrels just laying out for all to see."