Training with the Devil

Marcel: "(As he crawls on his hands and knees wearing nothing but a pair of damaged and baggie pants while Fortis is standing on top of him holding a whip as Marcel weakly gasps for air while faintly saying) Please.... kill.... me..."

Fortis: "(Steps on Marcels back and forces him to the floor) No no no no were not done yet (steps on Marcel with both legs and jumps for a bit to see beyond his reach) we still a long way to go before you even make it halfway (cracks a whip) now move it! Mush! or do is this too much for the great up and coming warrior from Gotham city Marcel (as he says that he kicks the sides a bit like someone riding a horse)!"

Marcel: "(Grunts in pain and gasps) Like I've ever done what others told me (grunts) Old Man!!!"

And now with a renewed determination twinkling in both the student and the masters eyes Marcel continues to march on as Fortis starts tap dancing on his students back both to get him to hurry it up and to also as a form of distraction and annoyance for Marcel to fight and ignore as he does his best to reach the safehouse.

Now turning back the clock a bit Fortis had looked Marcel over to see that he was at his peak physically and he had the thought of seeing how his mental fortitude stood to see if it was as strong as he was or not and since he no longer had anyone telling him not to do or what to do he was now free to preform any and all forms of tort- I mean training for his student to endure.

There was really no reason for him to do or even attempt any of the training that they've been through in just the past few weeks and if they were back home Fortis might have to answer some questions concerning just how inhumane some if not most of his training was just to see how far was too far with Marcel.

And while it might seem otherwise Fortis was doing all of this out of love and determination for his disciple the next Gold Lantern to hopefully never waiver like he had all those years ago and end up like the first causing the end of them before they could grow anymore just like the maker.

Which incidentally is the worst room mate ever as now that the only voice he could hear was the makers and because of how short his time with it was while also mainly out of pettiness the guy was very annoying as he just appeared whenever and did nothing but stare? at Fortis the entire time when ever he did anything.

Causing him to quite possibly go made as he is now completely alone with nothing more than a living being of static that can only say the same sentences but has managed to only use those few words in anyway it might have needed.

1st: "(Static).................... W0RRRrrrrrrrRrKkK............... (Static)"

Fortis: "The kids fine right (taps with tip of his foot on Marcels back)."

Marcel: "(Grunts) Yep still going and still wishing this was over so I can rip that-"

But before he could continue they were not inside the training room with Marcel letting out a sigh of sweet relief as he laid down on the cool floor and just chugging giant water cooler sized bottles of water for all their worth.

All while Fortis just watched as he slowly walked over towards a board that.... was covered in blood stains, scorch marks, and parts of it damaged and destroyed as Fortis crosses something off on the board while throwing a dart at a dartboard.

Fortis: "Alright you can have half an hours rest before you start practice fighting-"

Marcel: "(Grunts on the floor) That doesn't sound too bad."

Fortis: "You didn't let me finish but any way (throws heavy weights on the floor next to him) you'll be wearing that while slowly moving towards the deep end whenever I feel like it and will only end when I feel like it."

Marcel: "(Pants) So just like all the other things you've made me do! (tires to get up and barley succeeds) I mean what's even the point in all this! Trying to find my breaking point cause if so (throws the empty bottles at Fortis) I WILL NEVER BREAK!!! NO MATTER WHAT SORT OF SADISTIC THINGS YOU FORCE ME TO DO I'LL DO THEM AND WHEN I'M THROUGH I'LL DO THE SAME THING TO YOU!!!"

Fortis: "(Taps Marcel on the forehead not hard but as gentle as he can with Marcel falling onto the floor very fast and very hard) The point in all this like you had agreed to was to find you're limits both for the mind and the body. And unlike you I've already meet my limits and surpassed them so unless you have a chamber where you can experience even a sliver of my own life then we wouldn't have to do this other wise shut up, man up and get as much rest as you can."

And ever so the man of his word the devil- I mean Fortis didn't stop putting Marcel through the wringer and never help back anything as he wanted his student to experience the same things that he could with very few exceptions since those were the ones that broke him in the past and also because his student seemed to be unlucky with the ladies as he never had a date much less a girlfriend for even half the other things that happened to Fortis.

But this was training and defiantly not some form of coping mechanism where he has someone else live the most painful PTSD inducing things of his lifetime onto another just to see how they feel and go through the same things he had that's defiantly not the case.

In all seriousness however Marcel had managed to surprise Fortis at any and every turn and opportunity he could with just how grand this kids willpower seemed to be causing him to wonder why he never got an invitation to join the core if he hadn't gone back in time.

Either way the kid was amazing as everything he did was just perfect as in he besides a few times where Fortis was pretty certain that his body was the one giving up the mind of this kid however was full of determination and quite possibly bloodlust but either was worked as by the end of it all kid came back even stronger than before as he was now used to the most inhuman ways a human can live and experience without dying.

And as a form of graduation present Fortis let Marcel beat him to all his heart desires which would have lead to his death if it weren't for the power of the bracelet and maybe something else but who knows Fortis had never taken the thing off before on purpose after he managed to get the thing back both times it started dying.

Eventually Marcel stopped and just left with the present of a really nice motorcycle and all the money that Fortis had in his name now available to Marcel should he need it...

Marcel: "(Looks up at Fortis moving behind the window ) For a miserable old creep he sure knows how to keep a promise (for some reason a chill starts to creep all around him).... never mind better stop while I still got a pulse (rides off)."

Fortis: "(Coughs blood on the window) Hmmm So this is what being in sever pain is like (falls onto the floor as he slowly heals while also laughing like a certain white faced maniac)."

And that is all for now hope you all enjoyed and until next time stay safe and peace!