Old Stomping Grounds

Today Marcel didn't feel like doing nothing at all, he just wanted to lay in his bed not picking up that phone and just resting through the weekend... but sadly he is in the middle of the busy parts of a city that he had never been to before as Fortis? wanted to know what had happened to the people he used to know that lived here in the past.

Marcel: "(Yawns) Why in the world do I have to meet up with people that I've never meet before in my life?"

Fortis?: "(Floats while crisscrossing his legs) Because I'm curious as to what that dirty old bas- I mean grumpy old man is up to know that I'm no longer giving him my stories to tell nor spending time with him... (strokes his chin) hmm... last I saw and can recall the guy was in the midst of hiring others and finally getting his office remade."

Marcel: "(Walks with hands behind his head) It's been like what a few months since everything went downhill for the reach right? So if he'd been doing good up to that point in time then he's most likely better off now than he was before."

Fortis?: "(Same position but now upside down) I can only hope that's the case or else it'd be pretty bor- I mean disappointing if the guy couldn't live the same after me leaving him."

Marcel: "You know that sounded pretty-"

Fortis?: "Quite! Were here."

Marcel and Fortis appear in front of a giant building that looks somewhat like the green lanterns symbol but instead spin it side ways and add a splash of gold to it and there you have the symbol of the building called.

Fortis?: "Hopeful Stories... (turns towards Marcel) You know I was never really a big fan on the name but now (turns towards the sign and then right back to marcel after a couple seconds) I still don't like it but it makes me feel Hope that the guy's doing alright if his new building looks this good."

What luck the pair have as their was now a tour ready for anyone who desired a look through the studio to which Marcel had no real say in the matter as Fortis somehow controlled his legs and arms forcing him to become part of the line while also paying for it as well.

Marcel: "(Whispers) If I could touch you I swear I'd hit you... heck if I could just yell at you without seeming crazy I'd be glad just to take that."

Fortis?: "Well too bad... because as long as you wear that bracelet of power only you can see me. Besides I've told you a million times just train and use the powers of a gold lantern and eventually you'll become a part of it to the point you can come in and try your best at hitting me with all your might."

Marcel just rolls his eyes at his would be master's prodding for him to use more of the Gold Lantern powers even though he A) doesn't want to use it all that much and B) because of the fact that he doesn't really trust the bracelet all that much as it has many different lantern rings inside it.

Like how does something like that even exist in the first place? Because only about two maybe three of the rings that make up the bracelet are on friendly terms with one another while all the others are practically mortal enemies especially two different pairs from what he and pretty much everyone else knows about them.

While he doesn't exactly know all of them and what they do, Marcel however does know for a fact that he doesn't want to be as reliant on it as his former master the real Fortis or whatever his name was and instead focus on fighting like Batman but with a more brutal and free-handing style as his forte.

Once the tour begins Marcel doesn't even try to hide how much he honestly doesn't really care about of pictures on the walls, what the tour guide is saying, and he especially doesn't get how so many people seem to be doing round trips for this place since he's never even heard of their books before or the company.

All the while Fortis? doesn't even seem fazed by any of this and just looks through everything beyond what the tour was limited to and everything with him weirdly seeming to have a fixation on the toilets especially the male toilets as he stayed their longer than he did in the girls bathrooms.

Eventually the tour ended up with them meeting the main man in charge with Fortis? cracking many jokes that Marcel is totally clueless about and wonders what's wrong with him with Marcel getting angry and annoyed/embarrassed once Fortis? pats the head of Hope's belly along with going through the mans legs.

Marcel: "(Whispers near the snack tray area as he pretend to eat a donut like a gentleman) What the heck is wrong with you! Even you know that its not right to do that!"

Fortis?: "The man used to be very fat, poor, and looked a little like a weasel from just how much grease was on him and now... the man's covered in gold and looks more like the boss of a shady group instead of a book publishing company."

Marcel: "(Looks over and sees a yakuza like man being adored by the group of people he was just in line with that looked like they wanted to get rid of him for his actions against the company) Yea I can honestly see that especially with how some of his fans act."

Marcel gets an autographed book of each and every one that he had published as the man let out a giant smile on his face possibly from seeing a new piggy bank but if he was someone that his master considered a friend than maybe he was just happy to see someone like his work more than anything.

But that's just giving these old men the benefit of the doubt and as he got every single book he ran away as fast as he could back home because the look in eyes of his loyal fans towards him turned into that of a predator looking at their prey.

Once he got back home however their was a letter sitting on top of his table somehow? Like how the man had a mailbox not a mail slot in his door so that meant someone had broken into his house, possibly looked around, and placed a black, white, and red letter on his dinning room table and then left without anyone noticing.

Marcel: "I know this is pretty much the countryside but like seriously no one spotted this!?"

Fortis?: "Because who the heck steals from a place in the middle of nowhere especially one where almost the entire population are adults who either hate the city or just hate having to interact with people."

Marcel: "Then why is it called Speed-valley?"

Fortis?: "Because its a place that's fast to get accustomed to since its made by and for people that are alike."

Marcel: "And this is the place you sent me!"

Fortis?: "Well you constantly said you wanted to be out and leave Gotham city ASAP so (shrugs) here you are with a bunch of people who feel the same way."

Marcel just rolls his eyes as he opens the letter and sees some blond girl in from what he could see a nurse outfit before something caused him to loose his sight which Fortis later explained was him and that the letter was for him with it someone disappearing from Marcel's hands and being in Fortis's.

Marcel: "(Drops his hands and the envelope) Care to tell me what was on the letter old man?"

Fortis?: "Something that you and others most likely did when you try to Woo a girl and a little something extra but (waves hand fan in front of Marcel forming a barrier) only I can see what's on it and that is where we go Tomorrow!"

Marcel: "Why not today thought?"

Fortis?: "Because that's when she wants to meet up and you are to act like my butler and taxi there and I already know what you're going to say but I promise that all you have to do is go there and I will leave you alone to do whatever you want for (looks at his wrist that has no watch) about 24 hours (extends hand) sound like a deal?"

Marcel: "(Shakes) Yea but only because It'll be the first time I've had peace and quite since (shows bracelet) I got this bloody thing."

And that is all for now hope you all enjoyed and until next time stay safe and peace!