Chapter 215: Trust Me

Rosè Yang heard the slightest sound of rustling in the shadows of the garden, far beyond her prying eyes, and the sound nearly blending in with the voices from the banquet. "I hope you are wise enough, Mr. Kang, to not directly attack me."

"Oh, and what makes you think I would?"

"Well, why else would you come here? Granted, it could be a normal conversation, but with your men advancing closer with each second, I assume not."

Kang Boyuan was not alarmed to see her ears were so keen. He knew she was not a simple woman, even if she portrayed the very image. She was alone here, completely vulnerable and not a weapon in sight. She was sitting in a laid back posture, leaning on one arm, with an easygoing smile on her face. Her appearance did not hide those eyes of hers, abnormally glowing in the dead of night, so luminous and reflective, he could practically see the world mirrored within it.

"You're a lot like your mother," He said out of the blue. "Ignorant and incredibly stupid."

Rosè Yang did not blink at his insulting words. Instead, her face became even more lightened, for she was highly entertained by his words. Rosè Yang suddenly laughed then, tilting her head she said, "Don't you know? Women pretend to be said qualities to fool men like you."

"Is that what you say to comfort yourself?"

Rosè Yang raised a brow, so amused that such a grown man as himself was arguing back like a little kid.

Seeing her suddenly become quiet, Kang Boyuan added on, "If everything happens as planned, we do not have to get violent."

She was not scared of his threat, even if this man could send his men after her. She could single-handedly take him down and perhaps a few more of his people, but that would be too tiring and she was sure Sung Woon would have a fit if he saw she ruined one of his dresses yet again.

"How can you be so sure, Mr. Kang, that the people approaching us are your men and not my grandfather's?"

Kang Boyuan stiffened the slightest bit before releasing a small laughter, mocking her. "One of my highly trained men can take down ten of your grandfather's. You should not underestimate the power of the human body."

"I have no doubt your people are skillfully trained in martial arts, but I do wonder, can a bullet travel faster than a limb?"

When his face became twisted, Rosè Yang innocently batted her lashes. "I truly recommend we end this discussion here. It's clear you do not like me." She stood up. "And, you have very threatening thoughts when it comes to me."

She took one step when he snarled, "Sit down, little girl."

Rosè Yang smiled, "I apologize, Mr. Kang. Our discussion will need to be cut short. My grandfather is looking for me as we speak, dessert does not take that long to finish."

Right when she walked past him, men dressed in black came forward. Sure enough, they were neither her grandfather's people nor Park Jimin's.

"I suggest you behave and follow my orders." Kang Boyuan strolled to her, his arms tucked behind him. "My men are highly trained and though they uphold honor and chivalry, it does not stop them from harming a woman."

Rosè Yang kept the smile on her face, even if she was severely outnumbered. "If you wanted a civilized discussion, you shouldn't have brought so many men."

Kang Boyuan revealed a smile, matching the same tranquility she had. "Well, little lady, you planned on leaving and measures had to be taken."

Kang Boyuan realized this discussion was going nowhere and that he was being fooled by a little girl. She was good with her words, quickly derailing the topic. "I'll keep this short and brief."