Chapter 315: A Mirror Reflection

"Jae Jae, please wait!" Rosè Yang huffed, crossing her arms.

"Ow!" She yelped when she tripped over her feet and fell knee-first onto the marble floor with a loud THUD! She had scraped her knees a bit.

Jeong Jaehyun let out a frustrated growl. He turned around to throw the obnoxious child a hateful glare. "Didn't I tell you to leave me alone?" He stomped to her and grabbed her by the collar of her frilly yellow dress. "I hope you know you're obnoxiously annoying."

Because the video was recorded from a hidden camera positioned a few meters back, it could not capture Rose Yang's face properly, but Park Jimin could hear her sniffles. "I-I'm sorry Jae Jae...I-I just wanted to play with you a bit more—"

"I've already played long enough with you." He groaned, dropping her back down. His ears perked up when he saw his mother down the hallways.

'Damn it.' He could not afford to show his mother that he made the heiress cry. He gritted his teeth and forced himself to smile.

In a hushed, nearly reprimanding voice, he whispered, "But if you wipe away your tears, stand up like a big girl, and promise not to tell your grandfather about this, then I will play with you for a while."

Rosè Yang brightened up at his words. "Really?! When?"

Jeong Jaehyun was struggling to maintain his smile that was beginning to resemble a grimace. His mother was approaching them now. "Once I am done with my assignments." He gritted his teeth.

Rosè Yang bobbed her head and harshly rubbed her tears away. She blinked a bit and felt a wave of deja vu, but she was too young to know what that was.

Something flashed before her eyes. She saw a confusing image of a blurry face and the distorted voice of an older boy scolding her, "Don't rub your eyes so hard! You'll hurt yourself." She blinked again but the image was gone. She tilted her head, confused at who the boy was. He sounded like Jeong Jaehyun...but not really...

"Rub faster." Jeong Jaehyun hissed at her to which she slowly obliged.

"Ugh, nevermind." He sighed, grabbed his handkerchief and then did it himself. When he saw his mother was not far off, he panicked and did it much rougher than she wanted him to.

"Now smile and tell me you love me." He quietly instructed her once his mother was within hearing distance.

That was easy for Rosè Yang . She grinned and jumped onto him, hugging him tightly, "I love you very much Jae Jae!"

The video ended.

The part, "Now smile and tell me you love me," was too low for Park Jimin to have heard it. All he witnessed was his Rosie declaring her stupid love for the stupid punk.

"Do you realize it now, Park Jimin?" Park Hwan asked him.

Jing Caoxiao bowed his head and retreated to his Master's side.

Park Hwan continued, "For that child to move on so quickly, it means her feelings for you were never genuine, to begin with. When you left, she easily clung onto another heir. She is exactly like every other person in this world. She only cares about your wealth. When you could not protect her, she found someone else to. When you could not give her gifts, she found someone else to."

"Do you understand now?" Park Hwan questioned his silent grandson.

Park Jimin monotonously replied, "Yes." Even though he did not understand it until he saw it for himself. But it was not time yet. Not today, not tomorrow, not next week. To defy his grandfather, he knew he would need to improve himself first. And from then on, he pushed his body above and beyond his limits, all to see a certain girl.