Chapter 387 - Cute

Lalisa Park was buried under a mountain of her half-completed sketches. She had sent in the finalized drawings a couple of days ago and had worked very hard with her team to design the clothes as similar to the drawings as possible. Today, she was finally catching a break and it was in the form of sleeping like a dead body on a couch. Crumbled paper littered the floor, occupying the areas on the couch that her body didn't touch. She was snoring in blissful oblivion when a rough knock at her door jolted her awake. Her heart drummed at the memory of waking up to Lee Sung's rash banging on her door. Even though it was in the past, her brain could never forget the terror she felt.

The person outside of the door only knocked once, yet it was urgent and loud enough to startle her from her sleep. She tiredly rubbed her eyes and looked towards the clock that indicated her two-hour nap became a full-blown twelve-hour sleep. Oh well. 'Not like I have anything better to do with my life.' She carelessly thought to herself, yawning and stretching before trudging to the apartment door.

Lalisa Park wondered who it could've been. This was her private apartment and not the one she would meet with her team to design clothes. No one should know this location except for Rosè Yang. She hoped her Rose was going to show up with an Americano or Iced Macchiato... Speaking of which, she knew she would need to catch up with Rosè Yang about what recently happened to her.

Lalisa Park opened the door to Jeon Jungkook holding a paper bag with a green circle logo of a famous coffee branch. "Good morning—"

She slammed the door shut.

Lalisa Park placed her hand over her heart. 'My goodness, I must be dreaming again!' Her legs retracted to the mirror a few steps away and she wanted to dig herself a hole. Her appearance was far from perfect and she looked as if she went through hell and back. Dressed in her comfy sweats and an oversized t-shirt with cartoon prints on it, she wondered if she should just jump out of the window and escape down the streets.

Jeon Jungkook awkwardly stood outside, scratching his head. Maybe good morning was too cheesy for her? He didn't know what else to say since this was the best thing he could think of. Before coming here, he was practicing things to greet her with but in the end, settled with a good morning as the best idea. Seeing her immediate reaction, he began to chide himself for using such a bland greeting. Look at what it had done for him! It scared away his crush! He wanted to bang his head on the door for feeling so stupid, only, the door opened again, but by the smallest crack.

"U-uhm...Do you mind waiting outside for... say, ten minutes?"

"Is everything alright?" Jeon Jungkook forced himself to come back to reality.

"Yes, it is. But uhm... I don't look my best right now."

"Really? You looked fine to me." Jeon Jungkook was never the type to compliment women in hopes of making them feel better. He did see her messy appearance, even if it was only for a second, but because it was her, he didn't mind. He was happy to say he had seen her in her best and also her worst.

"That...I...." Lalisa Park stammered, finding the right way to respond to him. As a previous supermodel, she was used to compliments thrown at her from left and right to the point that flattery and compliments had become meaningless to her a long time ago — even if it was said by someone close to her. However, to her surprise, her heart skipped a beat at his compliment, her face flushed like that of a giggling schoolgirl.

"T-thank you." Her flustered voice sounded foreign to her ears. She was always used to being confident in front of men with her blinding appearance. She knew her charm and the things she had to offer. Utilizing every bit of her appearance and playful behavior, charming men was not hard; yet, when faced with Jeon Jungkook's blank expression and distant eyes, she found herself struggling to keep her act.