Chapter 236: Distracting

"My granddaughter... you are quite protective of her." Park Hwan pointed out, watching as Rosè Yang's eyes became more sentimental.

"Yes... She has always looked out for me, the same way I do for her." A compassionate smile graced her lips, reaching her eyes.

Park Hwan studied the changes in her behavior very carefully. If she was putting on an act in front of him, she was a damn good actress, for he was convinced by her genuity.

He remembered the reports of her connection to his granddaughter. It was needless to say, the two were practically inseparable, something he had also noted the first time he encountered her.

She was an ambitious child. Even after facing his fierce and terrifying face that was warped into a permanent disapproving and disappointed scowl, she was not scared. Perhaps it was because she had encountered a similar expression on Yang Marco's face.

"I imagine it must be quite hard to look out for my granddaughter. She was quite the troublemaker in her youth."

Shim Jihoon pulled a chair from the other side of the room and placed it behind Park Hwan who sat down with grace and the regalness of a resigned King.

Rosè Yanglet out the tiniest laughter at his words. Her heart was still paralyzed with fear being in his presence alone and completely unguarded. However, she wisely stood her ground. It would be the stupidest thing to show him weakness now, especially when he was testing her, analyzing every single action.

"Yes, she was." Rosè Yang did not bother to decline the truth just to get on his good side by praising his star granddaughter.

Park Hwan motioned her to take a seat, something she followed immediately. He watched as she folded her dress, sat down with poise and elegance, placing her arms in front of her. She certainly demonstrated the appearance of a lady.

"But it was not hard work, as a matter of fact, I must say, I enjoyed it." She piped up, "Getting her out of trouble created a lot of memorable moments that I hold dear even to this day."

Park Hwan tilted his head at her words. "It seems you two had quite the adventure. It would please me to hear of the tales you have shared with her."

Rosè Yang swallowed. She wished she didn't babble so much, for she had gotten herself into a very sticky situation. "Of course, I would be honored to tell you many."

A gruff and icy voice cut through the air, "But not tonight."

Park Jimin stood by the door of the hospital room, standing in the direct way of the light. From her position, it looked like he was glowing, but the shadows of the room made his features a lot more sinister and eerie. With his presence, the room became noticeably colder and the air was harder to breathe.

His eyes were desolate, even after seeing Rose Yang sitting in the darkness with the very man who would not hesitate to slit her throat. He was furious that she was leisurely sitting here as if she was drinking tea on a summer afternoon.

Park Hwan spoke up, "The least you could do is knock. Where are your manners?" He stood up with the help of Shim Jihoon.

"The door was open, what's the point of knocking?" Park Jimin replied, stepping into the room, hands tucked in front of him like the triad leader he was.

"Talking back is not how I raised you to be."

"You asked a question. I answered it." Park Jimin lazily drawled out, flickering on the lights, his eyes never landing upon Rose Yang even once.

He disregarded her as if she was air, something his grandfather noted and thoroughly approved.

"Cheeky rascal, you deserve a beating." Park Hwan disapprovingly shook his head. He looked like he was disappointed in the way that Park Jimin was behaving, even though he was the very person who raised him like that.