Chapter 379 - Reasonable Hour

After her confrontation with Yang Marco, she made her way to RY where Jeon Jungkook was already anticipating her arrival. The people at the front desk had already informed him of the arrival of a young woman in blood-red Bugatti.

He was impatiently tapping his foot, standing outside of her office door with a disgruntled expression. When the sound of heels greeted him, his eyes narrowed onto his apologetic boss. "What happened to you?" Was the first thing he asked her. No one informed him something happened until men in black stormed into the office, demanding to see the security footage. When the entire office felt like it was relocated to Antarctica, he knew President Park was behind it. Luckily enough, he was also there to encourage, well more like force, President Kim to reschedule the meeting date.

"Something came up." Rosè Yang sheepishly said. His permanent scowl deepened.

"First, you went into a coma, then, you disappeared for a couple of days. You're lucky I'm such a hard-working man." He ran a tired hand through his hair, staring at her like she was the epitome of his demise.

Rosè Yang felt guilty for making him work this hard. She had promised to be more present in the company but then disappeared too often. "Yes, yes, that's why you're going to get a lot of bonuses. Happy?" She leaned up and pinched his cheeks, treating him like a child. "You shouldn't scowl so much, you'll get wrinkles. Lisa only dates cute, good looking guys."

He stopped scowling.

His automatic response provoked her to tease him some more. "So, how did your date with Lisa go?"

"We didn't go on a date." He snapped, stepped back and proceeded to leave but she grabbed his wrist before he could go anywhere.

"What do you mean?" Rosè Yang's brows etched together, lines dancing on her forehead. Did Lalisa Park not like Jeon Jungkook? It's weird to fathom that when the woman in question showed up drunk at his house. It was a miracle how she got there in the first place, but at the least, her actions demonstrated that he was the first person in her head.

"She said she was busy with releasing her new clothing line." Jeon Jungkook didn't want to be reminded of the embarrassing and nearly traumatic event a couple of days ago. He had spent two hours at home, deciding on the outfit to ask her out for a cup of coffee. It took him an additional hour of pep-talk to gather the courage to send her a text. To his disappointment, she responded two hours later, turning down his proposal.

"Oh." Rosè Yang blinked. "Maybe she's just playing hard to get. Lisa is like that, you know. How about I talk to her for you?"

"No need. I'll woo her myself." Jeon Jungkook said out of anger. He immediately regretted the words a second later when he realized that he would need to do some intensive research on how to get a girl in the first place. All of his relationships started because the other party initiated the date first. It was never the other way around.

"Are you sure?" Rosè Yang prompted a brow, crossing her arms to scrutinize the helpless man in front of her. Judging by his nature, she could tell he was heavily inexperienced in what he just said. His looks could only get him so far — especially when Lalisa Park constantly worked with A-list celebrities and runway models. The people around her were always stunning and whenever they would be seen with her, the air around them was much more different.

"Yes." He curtly said, grabbing her hand and prying it from his wrist. He was worried about his physique when he had to apply extra force to remove her tight grip. She didn't look like she was straining herself to hold onto him. Why did she look like she was effortlessly holding him?! He couldn't get over how strong she was. Maybe it would be a good idea to go to the gym again...