Chapter 234: Do I Make Myself Clear?

Rose Yang paced back and forth in the hospital room, her brain going haywire with fear and panic. Even with the aromatic diffuser sending out mists of calming lavender she could not relax. The sound of her heels clicking on the polished floor was no match for the constantly beeping machine. She was frantic while pondering the possibilities.

Finally, the door to the room opened and in walked a female doctor. She was stunning, her feline eyes landing upon Rose Yang. A seductive face by nature paired with a curvy hourglass figure. It was strange to see her walking in a hospital instead of a runway.

"Good afternoon, Miss Yang. My name is Jang Eujin, the current doctor in charge of Miss Yang. It's an honor to meet you, ma'am." She was newly transferred to the hospital a few weeks ago after receiving a grand promotion.

Rose Yang did not have time for introductions, "Did the results come out? Was...she violated?" She whispered the last part.

Jang Eujin revealed a small smile, shaking her head. "No, Miss Park was not." She made sure to conduct more than one test. This was Lalisa Park they were talking about, the younger sister of her husband's boss. She handled the case with the utmost care, ensuring not a single mistake was made.

"In regards to the bruises on her body, there are signs of immense tissue trauma on the head, arms, and legs. From my understanding, it looks like she was repeatedly pushed onto a hard surface and badly beaten with not only fists but also with rough objects."

As she was telling Rose about the diagnosis, the door to the room had been opened allowing both men to hear her every word.

Park Daniel was trembling, his fingers clenching into fists so tight, his honey-tanned skin turned white. His nails dug into his palms, creating deep indents. He had a sudden urge to punch something. At this point, bloodshed would be mere child's play. Even the massacre of the abuser's entire family would not do his younger sister justice.

For as long as he could remember, his darling sister had never been hit or injured. Even her own father didn't hit her, so how dare a random stranger lay their filthy hands on her and ruin their precious Lisa?

Park Jimin was as furious as his younger brother, but he was more level headed in this situation. The media was not stupid. Everyone in South Korea and beyond knew who Lalisa Park was. They knew her backings consisted of none other than Park Daniel and Park Jimin whose overprotective nature was no secret. Who could be retarded enough to injure his younger sister?

There had to be an ulterior motive to this.

Park Daniel tried to keep his voice calm and composed, but his words came out like a lethal poison, "Who did this to her?" At this moment, he did not care who Rose Yang was when he stormed to her and roughly clamped his hands onto her shoulders.

"Who did it?!" He snarled while shaking her, and that alone was enough to send Park Jimin's fury into overdrive. With one rough shove, he separated Park Daniel from Rose Yang and yanked her into his arms.

"Do that again and I'll cut your arms off." Park Jimin protectively wrapped one muscular arm around Rose Yang's collarbone while the other went over her waist as he embraced her from behind.

"Lee Sung, the rising actor did it. She was spotted with him at the Kim Banquet, but I did not think he would do something like that to her."

Park Daniel's gaze became vicious, "You knew she had a relationship with that man and did not speak up about it?!"

"He's a famed actor, I did not think he would risk his reputation like this. His public image was—" She stopped babbling.

She should've been wise enough to know that one can never trust a person's public image. Even if he was an A-list celebrity who constantly played the charming male lead, she shouldn't have been fooled by it. Jeong Jaehyun was once recognized as the only male lead in her life and look at where that stupid belief got her?