Chapter 358 - Insult Me

"I've kept you waiting." Rosè Yang walked into a frameless glass wall meeting room where she pressed a button and the glass became frosted for privacy. No one could see inside the meeting room and no one could see outside. It was pretty faulty in that sense and after thinking about it, she decided to make a mental note and contact an architect. Maybe a mirrored glass would be a lot better.

Sitting in one of the comfortable chairs was a woman who carried herself with class and confidence. Her slender legs were crossed over one another and she was wearing a modest-length pencil skirt. It wasn't a surprise, seeing as she had to return to work after this.

"No, I recently arrived less than a minute ago." Kang Seulgi amicably said, standing up at the presence of Rose Yang. "Thank you for inviting me here, President."

Rosè Yang closed the glass door behind her and sat down in a chair opposite to Kang Seulgi. "I'm sure you're confused as to why I called you here." She folded her hands together. The reason why she went through Park Jimin's phone was to retrieve Kang Seulgi's contact information. He didn't have her phone number, but she did find her work email.

Kang Seulgi was beginning to see this woman in a better light. When Rosè Yang strolled into the room, the air changed. Power. Class. Arrogance. So many words could be used to describe the woman sitting across from her. Her presence overwhelmed the air.

"I have an idea of what it might be."

"Hm, is that so? Well, enlighten me." Rosè Yang tilted her head, her lips drawing into a crafty smile.

Kang Seulgi's forehead creased. "Didn't you call for my presence to curse me for what happened that night at Madam Park's birthday banquet?" When she received the message yesterday, she began to prepare herself for the worst outcome possible. After all, hell hath no fury like a scorned woman.

"Huh? What happened?" Rosè Yang feigned ignorance. She knew Kang Seulgi was testing her to see if she stayed behind to eavesdrop or not.

"I...I confessed my feelings for President Park." Kang Seulgi said. She didn't drop her shoulders or avoid eye contact with Rosè Yang. Both the women were too self-assured in themselves to look away. "But he shot me down without a second thought and I have moved on now." The delivery of her words was confident. She was stating the truth.

"Is that so?" Rosè Yang's smile deepened. "Well, I hate to admit it, but I did overhear the conversation between Park Jimin and you." She clicked her nails on the table. "You were partially right. I did call you in for that matter, but it's not to insult you. I want to have a proper conversation with you."

Kang Seulgi felt like she was wandering down the rabbit hole of confusion. 'A proper conversation...? Then what is with all of the bodyguards she passed by earlier?' On her way to this room, there were already men stationed by the elevator.

"Pardon me, but I don't understand what you're trying to say." Kang Seulgi stared at Rosè Yang with a bewildered look in her eyes.

"You know, Kang Seulgi , you remind me of my former self." Rosè Yang rested the side of her face on a propped up arm. "Neither of us had a choice in who we would fall in love with. We were both programmed by our family to think and behave in a certain way, so much so that our parents have already decided on whom we should get married to."

Kang Seulgi's lips parted in shock. At a loss for words, she could only sit and listen to what else Rose Yang would say. She never thought about how controlling her family was until today.

"We have both worked diligently for the company of the people we were programmed to love. And what did we get in return? A slap in the face and a demotion." Rosè Yang's smile softened and became more genuine. "I will not apologize for Park Jimin's behavior towards you, for you pursued a taken man without hesitation."