Chapter 310: Saved a Country

Park Jimin stayed firmly rooted to his spot and gently grabbed her hand, holding it like the treasure it was. He breathed in deeply and released it, only to settle his hand onto her lower back. It seemed to be his favorite spot for his fingers could feel the firm dip of her spine. He kept a tiny, half an arm distance between them.

His other hand reached into the pocket inside of his suit where he pulled out something from her wildest dreams, her eyes growing wider than the moon. She recognized it, her throat running dry and her head spinning in circles. He breathed in deeply and in a loving, tender voice, began his message to her.

"I never got the chance to ask you this or even had the honor to present this gift to you, but I will do it today." His thumb rubbed over the velvet of the small, black box with a single engraving of an infinity symbol on top of it.

"Marry me, my love. I will take away all of your sadness and give you my happiness. Shall you desire the world, I will conquer it and bring it to your knees. Whatever you desire, whatever makes you happy, you shall obtain it without any complications, this I can assure you." A small smile rested on his lips, something flashed in his eyes.

Was it nervousness? Was it anxiety and dismay? She could not tell.

"Not a second goes by where you do not plague my thoughts. When I close my eyes, all I see is you, and when I wake up in the morning, all I want is to see you. You've comfortably created a place within my heart and made a home there, a structure that I will carefully tend to." He could see her eyes moisten a bit. She pressed her lips together to control her emotions.

"When I look into your eyes, I see a future between us, a future filled with love, laughter, and a growing family. I know there will be bumps in our entwining paths and there will always be people out to break us apart, but I swear to you, my love, I will put my life on the line to keep you safely tucked by my side. If you disappear, I will chase you to the end of this world. All of those who stand in my way will drop dead and this entire world will be destroyed if it means I can see you again."

Rosè Yang could feel the waterworks begin. She sniffled, the river dam had broken and something wet trickled down her cheeks.

"My dear, as long as there are stars in the sky and water in the ocean, I will love you. Even when death does us apart, I will chase you into the next lifetime and the rest to come."

He kneeled and opened the box, revealing a set of rings. The first was shaped like a hearth made of golden leaves holding up a sole marquise-cut emerald. It was an interesting design that resembled a simple, yet elegant crown. The star of the show was the actual wedding ring. It was one of the largest emeralds she had ever seen, but it was not traditionally placed in the center. It shared its limelight with the crystal-encrusted olive leaf. Linking the two pieces together was an externally flawless diamond that she read about in magazines, but never had the chance to ever see for it herself.

"I couldn't decide which one looked better, so I went with both." Park Jimin explained. He originally wanted to give her a family heirloom ring that his grandmother possessed. Traditionally, it was supposed to be given to the wife of the eldest son who happened to be Nam Heejin. She was not the Park Matriarch's first candidate in marriage and because Park Minjun went against his mother's wishes, Madam Park never even got a glimpse of the ring.

No one dared to speak about Matriarch Park and her whereabouts were unknown. No one knew whether she was dead or alive, not even Elder Park Hwan himself. The ring was untraceable, but if Rosè Yang voiced a desire about possessing it, Park Jimin was willing to utilize every resource possible to find the ring.

"I would give you a reply, but I'm pretty sure you already know what it is." She cracked a small smile, watching as he lifted her hand and slipped on the two rings that fit snugly on her finger.