Chapter 277: Hope To Die

He could see that he took the joke too far. He finally snapped back to his senses when he saw her tears. He had never seen her cry like this since he first met her. Guilt filled him as he tugged her pants back up and helped her sit up, pulling her into a hug. "I'm sorry. I'm really sorry." He whispered as her entire body began to shake and tremble. He could only hug her tighter and bury his head into her shoulders.

"I'm sorry, I won't do it again. Okay?" He pulled back and cupped her face, his heart breaking into pieces when he felt her wet cheeks. "Don't cry, I swear it was only a joke. I only wanted to scare you a bit." He mumbled. He only wanted to scare her a bit but after she had roughly slapped him, he lost it.

"Please, I'm sorry. I really won't do it again."

Her silence was deafening. He cradled her head to his chest, embracing her tightly. "I won't bother you again after this. I-I heard...no, I mean, I remember you like snacks, right? How about I bring you a box of chocolate pies and that weird tomato chips that I know you like to eat. I'll even send someone out to get a box of rice cakes."

With no one else to lean on, Rose Yang could only nod her head numbly. She was too terrified to go against his words, scared that this bipolar monster would violently react again if she broke one eggshell. When he reached his hand to touch her cheek again, she flinched back from him and trembled.

He was pained by her reaction as he placed a chaste hand on her face, leaned in to kiss her forehead, but paused. "Catch up on some sleep." He whispered to her, taking off the belt on her wrists and then helping her into the bed. He counted to three before standing up and walking to the edge of the door, pressing his body to the spot where the door will open.

He unlocked it and instantly, two women rushed into the room. "Rosè?" Song Jisoo and Song Hyerim rushed over towards Rose Yang but paused halfway into the room. Wait, if the door was locked before and Rosè Yang was huddled into the bed, who unlocked the door from the inside?

They did not get their answer because, by the time they turned around, the perpetrator was gone.

- - - - -

Rosè Yang did not speak or move the entire night. She laid in her bed and would blankly stare at the wall. Even when Song Jisoo and Song Hyerim tried to block her line of sight, she did not lookup.

In the end, they decided to let her be.

In the middle of the night, Rosè Yang called her grandfather. He obviously did not pick-up, but she did leave a voicemail with a single cry, "Help...me."

Rosè Yang fell asleep shortly after that. By the time she woke up, she found herself in a moving vehicle. She would've panicked if it was not for the comforting hand on her head, patting her back to sleep.

"Sleep, my child. Everything will be alright." Yang Marco quietly said as he tucked the blankets over her shivering body.

A few minutes ago, Yang Marco entered the base with permission and the two left with Rosè Yang. Only Li Xuan went into the room to pick up Rose Yang, while Yang Marco stood outside. They were as quick as the night and as stealth as the wind. Not a single person detected their presence. Whether or not she was permitted an official leave, Yang Marco did not care.

Song Jisoo did not disturb Rose Yang the entire night, for she thought a good rest would change her mind. Perhaps she could speak tomorrow morning. But she never did.

When Song Jisoo woke up the next morning, she saw an empty bed in front of her. Rosè Yang's blankets were neatly folded at the edge of the bed, her belongings were gone, and sitting on the cold, white mattress was a letter. She had departed from this place, would never return back, and the office would receive her military discharge paperwork.