Chapter 327: In Control

Bae Anna disliked how Kim Namjoon towered over her with a hostile stance, clenched jaw, and squinted eyes that belittled her. His hands were balled into whitening fists and with his height, he appeared very intimidating. She knew he was not the type of man to strike a woman, but he was the type that would use words as weapons.

"I knew I should've objected when Boss invited a knife to replace a pen." Kim Namjoon gritted his teeth, the edge of his nose wrinkling.

Bae Anna rolled her eyes and dropped her guard. Her body went slack and she sat down, facing her desk. It was a waste of time to crane her neck at him. "Do you have that little trust in our boss? Do you think that the Jeong's can do anything to us?"

"You can't just look at the small picture, you have to think outside of the box and think of the worst-case scenarios."

"No thanks. I'd rather not get white hairs and wrinkles by the time I'm thirty." Bae Anna started her PC and plugged in the flash drive. "Besides, no one in the Jeong family likes Chou Tzuyu. They all view her as a Cinderella gold-digger who slept her way into a wedding ring." She gave him a side-glance and typed in the password of her computer. He was contemplating over her words with a thoughtful expression on his face. He was no longer a ticking time bomb.

"Sure, Jeong Jaehyun might be the CEO of Jeong Corporation for now. Perhaps he could pull some strings and cause a drop in the stock market for Park Enterprise. Even worse, he might have connections to our major stockholders, investors, and so forth, but you also have to know that no one has the guts to go against the Park's ." Bae Anna turned her body and crossed her legs so that she was facing him.

"Why else do you think the Park clan's legacy has been around for generations? Everything that can be capitalized, we have a hand in. Deep-rooted friendships in this country and even some families overseas, no one can truly keep us underwater. There will be anticipated consequences, but none will be long-lasting enough to affect our Boss."

Bae Anna clasped her hands and waited for Kim Namjoon to absorb the information. Surely, he must've thought of this already, so what was he so worried about?

"There will not be long-lasting monetary issues," Kim Namjoon scooted closer to Bae Anna. In a low voice that only the two could hear, he whispered, "But Master Park will discover this."

"So what if he does? The Boss can justify the move as asserting his power over everyone by directly targeting one of the big five. It can also be seen as him protecting the Young Miss."

"No, you don't understand." Kim Namjoon pinched the spot between his brows and sighed. Did this secretary even look at the complicated report about Rosè Yang's tainted past and the web of issues connected to her?!

Bae Anna rolled her pretty little eyes. "Well, why don't you tell me then? It's not like I can read your brain."

"How about you read the reports I've sent you in regards to the lady boss!" He hissed at her, keeping his voice at a low volume.

Bae Anna's face became more serious. "I did read it. I just prefer to not judge someone based on their past. She seems like a fine young lady who makes her own money, runs her own empire, and can establish a legacy for her daughters. She makes our boss happy and nurtures him. I don't see anything wrong with her. You're just delusional because you had a bias to Kang Seulgi in the beginning." She bluntly laid out the facts with her sharp tongue.

"My biases have changed!"

"Well, it doesn't seem like it." Bae Anna scoffed, leaning back in her chair. She discreetly looked around and saw Kang Seulgi dropping her head.

"What are you looking at?!" Bae Anna was never a silent and passive type. She stood up and pointed at Kang Seulgi, "Don't you know, eavesdropping will result in a grave punishment? Especially eavesdropping on your superiors?"