Chapter 299: Cry Himself To Sleep

One of the women surrounding Chou Tzuyu and Yang Yuna spoke up. "I see they have the Red Parlor Grand Piano on display right now." She turned towards the shining white piano with a pop of crimson red underneath the cover. "Yuna, we haven't seen you perform for some time now, why don't you play a piece on it?"

Yang Yuna's face transformed into a calm smile, like the small ripples on a lake during a soft drizzle. "I'm not sure about this... Isn't the piano going to be auctioned off?"

"Well, even if it is, you would only add value to it. Having a world-class prodigy play it would be a dream come true. I'm sure Madam Ning will not mind."

Right on cue, Lim Yuning i walked past them with Rosè Yang in tow, ready to introduce her to a group of women.

Chou Tzuyu, whose entire week was plagued with fatigue, truly wanted to hear the soothing melody of her friend's magic touch. "Madam Ning, would you mind allowing Yuna to play the piano? I think it would be a nice way to start the auction."

Madam Lim Yuning i tilted her head a bit. She wanted to object since the choir she hired was already providing enough entertainment and the piano was supposed to be an auction piece. Then, she saw Jeong Jaehyun's gloomy expression. When their eyes met, he glowered at her and that was enough to make her unwillingly nod her head. "I suppose so."

Rosè Yang remained quiet and never once did she look at her younger sister. Instead, her eyes trailed to Chou Tzuyu's wrist where a silver charm bracelet dangled comfortably. That design... She had seen it somewhere. She tilted her head, lost in thought.

Jeong Jaehyun stood protectively in front of his lover, his stormy eyes glaring daggers at Rosè Yang. If she was not accompanied by Yang Marco himself, Jeong Jaehyun' would've lashed out at her. But currently, she was with the Head Monarch of the Yang Regime, and doing such a thing would be extremely disadvantageous for him.

Yang Yuna's smile grew a bit. "Thank you for offering the opportunity." She gracefully turned to the piano and with fairy-light steps, made her way towards the stage.

Lim Yuning gestured for the employees to get everything prepared. In less than five minutes, the stage was set up for Yang Yuna. The lights were dimmed and shone solely upon the stage where a young woman brushed up the stairs, her face and gestures capturing the eyes of nearly every man in the room.

From the first melody, Rosè Yang already recognized the magnificent piece that was going to be played. La Campenella by Listz, one of the hardest piano pieces to play in the world. From the gentle note that it starts off as, it transformed into a faster tempo. It was perhaps not that suitable to start an auction. But it was most definitely the best way to capture the audience, for almost every music fanatic would know how complicated it was to play this piece. What made it so difficult was the fact that one had to perform enormous jumps from the right hand that would need to play the piano at an uncomfortably fast tempo.

Not a single beat was missed. Everyone stood up to give her a thundering round of applause, paired with a standing ovation.

"Wow, we saw the genius at work!"

"One of the best pianists of her generation."

"Madam Bang Jina must be so proud of her daughter. Beautiful and talented, what more could a mother ask for?"

"I can see why she's so treasured by Yang Wenjin. If I had a daughter like that, I would boast of her for days to come!"

Compliments after compliments poured out for the young lady.

Rosè Yang was thoroughly impressed by her younger sister, as she always was in the past. She could still recount the days a little girl sat beside her on an enormous cushion bench and together, the two playing symphonies that could bring an entire auditorium down.