Chapter 384 - Scorned Wife

"You didn't have to personally deliver it to me, but thank you for doing so." Rosè Yang warmly replied, leaning up to present him with a small kiss on his cheek. He was frozen with shock. He purposely didn't do anything to her in fear that she was still worried about public displays of affection. Seeing how she didn't seem to care anymore, he relaxed. His index finger curled under her chin, grabbing it with his thumb. He leaned low, his breath fanning over her ears. In a low, seductive voice that only they could hear, he whispered, "Why don't you thank me in another way?"

"I thought you said you didn't want to hurt the baby?" She replied in an equally quiet voice, staring at him with accusations. His lips tilted upwards into a wolfish-smirk that did wild things to her lower stomach. "Did I now?" His hands traveled to her sides, squeezing it, "You must've misheard me, my dear wife."

"Hmm, I'm pretty sure you also said we shouldn't do any strenuous activities." Rosè Yang teased, purposely biting her bottom lip. She inwardly smirked in triumph when he wasted no time to stare at the small action before tearing his eyes away from her mouth.

"Don't worry, there are other activities we can do that aren't strenuous..." Park Jimin responded, curling a finger and touching her cheek. "For example—"

"President, I hate to interrupt this moment, but the meeting with the Board of Directors will begin in fifteen minutes. It's best for us to head back now."

Park Jimin debated the idea of slashing Kim Namjoon's salary by half. He was so close to convincing his wife and the damn secretary just had to ruin the moment.

Kim Namjoon resisted the urge to sneeze. Was someone thinking about him?

"You have such an important meeting coming up?! I'm sorry, I didn't know." Rosè Yang pushed him away from her, waving her hands at him and shooing him away. "Go on, don't let me distract you."

Park Jimin gloomily scowled at her words. "You are never a distraction in my eyes." He sternly told her, grabbing her hand and brushing his thumb upon her knuckles. He stared at her as if he was departing on a long journey to the Pacific and that he may never return. All he needed was a boat and his wife waving a handkerchief at him.

"Well then, please return to your office and continue to increase your income." Rosè Yang chuckled, squeezing his hand before taking her hand back.

He sighed at her words, "It's not like you'll use the income anyway." He sullenly said, grabbing her by the back of her head and tenderly kissing her on the cheek, his lips lingering for the briefest second. She touched her face, momentarily distracted by him while he disappeared out of the door, but not before taking one last glance at her. She realized he was beginning to have a habit of doing that, as if he was memorizing her features, etching them into his brain as a permanent painting. He was, yet again, terrified of losing her.

- - - - -

After thoroughly convincing, Rosè Yang was finally able to push both Li Xuan and Ling Suho out of the hospital room, so that they could get some food. She didn't know they hadn't eaten the entire day while worrying about their President's condition. She needed them to be in their best condition, especially during a time like this. Thus, she kicked them both out and demanded them to come back two hours later.

Now that she was alone in the room, she immediately wished she didn't encourage both of them to leave at the same time. She didn't know how to react or behave. What was she supposed to do? Sit there and wait for him to wake up?

"You know, grandfather." She said, sitting by his bedside. "All I wanted was for you to admit your wrongdoings."

Rosè Yang raised her head to glance out of the window. "I didn't expect an apology from you, nor did I want one. It's out of your nature to give me such a thing. But at the least, I expected you to admit this plan didn't go as expected. I didn't need an explanation." She pulled the blanket up to his chin and ensured the temperature was to his liking.