Chapter 285: Eyes Of Your Children

A man dressed in a plain navy and grey shirt walked down the open corridor. Small wooden pillars held up the well-crafted rooftop. He blended with the wind, nimble and quick, but invisible and silent.

He gently slid the screened door open. Bowing before the esteemed guest, he opened his mouth and in a respectful voice, spoke, "Honorable guest, Master Park is ready to see you now."

Elder Kang Guang got up from his sitting position on the bamboo mats. He rarely came to the waiting room, since Elder Park Hwan was usually not that busy, maybe because he had passed on the majority of his workload to Park Jimin.

Elder Kang Guang wondered who his predecessor was. As he accompanied the Head Butler, through the corner of his eye, he could see a tall and muscular man clothed in forest green. The corridor was wrapped around a large and expansive garden, thus, by the time Elder Kang Guang turned his head to observe the man on the other side, he was gone.

The Head Butler saw Kang Guang's curious glances at the corner where the man in dark green clothing disappeared. He picked up his pace, forcing the man beside him to walk faster. Pausing before the looming wooden door with carvings of a bamboo forest underneath a breezy spring morning with puffy clouds and a sun rising in the east, the Head Butler waited three seconds before knocking on the door.

"Come in." Park Hwan's gruff voice responded. He was inside his private study, holding a thick agreement contract that was missing his signature. It was an interesting idea, one that he would contemplate for a while. When his door opened, he had already placed the paper into a locked drawer.

Unfortunately for him, Kang Guang was able to see him close the drawer when he entered. He pretended to not have witnessed such an important thing. "Good morning, Master Park." He respectively greeted, cupping his fists and bowing low.

"There's nothing good about such a hot, blazing day." Park Hwan responded, glancing towards his garden.

"I suppose so..." Kang Guang muttered, stepping into the room. He waited until the Head Butler closed the door and walked down the hallway. Only after the man was gone, did he finally voice his displeasures.

"What brings you here today?"

"Your grandson... No, I meant Young Master Park Jimin , had ordered his people to break into my house, murder my soldiers, and toss the detect— ahem, someone important to me, in front of my tea room." Elder Kang Guang angrily bit out. He was half angry that he nearly spit the truth out about the detective, whereas the other anger was directed towards the tyrannical young man.

Park Hwan's sharp ears did not miss the change in his sentence. "Someone important, as in your detective?" He chuckled, turning around to finally set his eyes on the man before him. He disdainfully skimmed over the changsan before turning his eyes away.

Kang Guang paused. He debated whether or not he should lie. "Yes, my detective. I've always used him to find out information about my competitors and enemies."

'Competitors and enemies.' Park Hwan thought to himself, highly amused. "I didn't think you considered us in that category." He coldly said.

Kang Guang's face was horrified by the sudden change in events. He came here to complain about Park Jimin's unruliness and the way he abused his powers. He did not come here to reveal all of his secrets! "Why, I'd never—"

"You use the detective to scoop out information about enemies and competitors, yet you sent the same man to trail after Park Jimin. Am I wrong?" Park Hwan retorted, a shadow looming over his face. He was notified a few hours ago by his grandson. He had to admit, the timing was perfect, and because of it, he knew who the man behind the brutal murder was.