Chapter 352 - Attempting to Snoop

"Why are you here? Why now? Where were you when... when..." Lalisa Park couldn't say it. Her eyes reddened as she harshly wiped her tears away. She wanted to ask where he was when the incident with Lee Sung went down, but of course, that was a foolish question. She already knew where he was — warming the bed of other women. She bitterly laughed at herself for feeling so emotional yet so angry towards him. 'When was he not entertaining other women?'

Oh Sehun swallowed hard and hung his head low in shame. He had only shown up because he felt that his presence in her life was being threatened. He felt their future was being threatened by another man.

He wanted to give her time and space to heal, but in the process, he was also attempting to mend his broken heart. It was through unorthodox methods of drinking liquor like water and finding himself with a new arm candy every night but not a single woman could replace Lalisa Park.

"Did you hear about the blind date? Is that it?" Lalisa Park glared at him as if he was scum. Her pounding heart was screaming at her to shut the hell up and hug him. Her brain knew better. She refused to allow herself to get hurt again.

She realized he was still holding her. Using all of her might, she pushed him away and stood on her own two feet, creating distance between the two of them.

"Will you just let me explain what happened that night?" Oh Sehun pleaded with a desperate look in his eyes. He had a haggard look to him, his tense shoulders dropping.

Lalisa Park had never seen him beg like this. He was always a proud man whose ego often got the better of him. He knew he was beneath her in terms of rank, but he would never let that idea get to him. Perhaps that was why she was so in love with him. He was different from all of the other men she encountered. In the world of elites, many men were disgruntled to hear their woman was clearly out of their league financially and status-wise.

Oh Sehun took her silence as a 'yes.'"That night, I indeed had a mission to go to and it was one that would go against your morals and boundaries." He ran a hand through his hair and kept his eyes on the rug.

"My mission was to seduce and sleep with that woman, so we can lure her husband by using a photo that we took of her. The picture was taken on purpose. He would then storm into the hotel in a fit of rage knowing that his wife was cheating on him in the very hotel he owned."

His voice changed a bit. "I didn't sleep with her." He licked his lips and scratched the back of his head. "Yes, my clothes were off. Yes, hers were also off. But we never slept together. It was only play-acting in bed." He began to find the patterns on the rugs to be more interesting than ever.

Lalisa Park's face turned cold. She might've behaved like a ditz for half of her life, but she actually graduated with a degree in Psychology at the top of her class. Her research paper for a Ph.D. was framed in the University that she attended and she even received awards for the paper she wrote. Did this fool think he could easily trick her like this?

The first sign of a liar was their inability to make eye-contact. The second was that he was giving too many details. He would've kept it simple. Granted, he could be nervous, but she knew when he was lying. He was good at fooling others, but when it came to her, he could never get anything past her.

"Get out."

"What?" Oh Sehun's head snapped up. "Do you still don't believe me? I didn't sleep with her!"

"Really now?" Lalisa Park's fingers dug into her palm.

She ground her teeth. "You had a final chance to tell me the truth today and you chose to lie to me? Do you think I'm that stupid?" She harshly said, "Blatantly lying to my face and not admitting it is the most disrespect anyone can give me."