Chapter 247: Rely on Appearances

Cha Eunwoo had never in his life encountered someone like Park Jimin whose eyes alone could cause uncontrollable fear. His eyes resembled a savage beast ready to tear the poor man in half. Even so, Cha Eunwoo did not back down. He tried to match the same level of intensity in Park Jimin's eyes.

Rose Yang did not have time for this stupid banter. She could see the stormy background of a lion against a dragon, a swarm of fire behind Cha Eunwoo and a thunderstorm behind Park Jimin.

"Ladies, ladies, you're both beautiful. Now can we get to a civilized discussion?" She scoffed, pushing Cha Eunwoo aside and breaking their intense staredown.

Kim Namjoon admired how fearless she was, but could not get past how stupid she was. Her actions and words resembled a drunk soldier running into the battlefield without his armor and weapons. What could she possibly do here?

Rose Yang tried to sound and appear confident, even when her knees wobbled from the look Park Jimin was giving her. She wondered if it was because she was scared of him or if she was scared of what he might do to her.

"Let me guess, some compromising pictures landed on your desk right after my meal with Cha Eunwoo?" Rose Yang was not stupid. She had used the same tactic in the past where she hired people to take pictures of Chou Tzuyu with her childhood friend then photoshopped them into promiscuous positions.

"Well, whatever you saw, was not real." She placed her hand on her hips, then changed her mind. "Actually, it might be half the truth, but like I said, it's only 50% of it and not the entire ordeal."

Rose Yang stuck out her hand, palms open. "Let me see the pictures."

Park Jimin did not move or entertain her idea.

She wiggled her fingers, "Come on now. Don't be stubborn."

Park Jimin glared at her. Even at a time like this, she was not careful when treading over thin ice. She was stomping on it, waiting for it to crack and break beneath her feet.

Seeing as he was unresponsive, Rose Yang opened her mouth and sniped, "Stop dragging out this stupid fight. I can explain every picture and if you want proof, go check the security cameras at the restaurant."

Park Jimin could feel his heart stir at her words. She was confident that she did not do anything wrong.

Right on cue, a ringtone interrupted the atmosphere. Rose Yang recognized that it was her phone. She fished it out of her purse and picked it up.

"Good afternoon Ma'am, this is First Hospital. May I ask if I am speaking to Rose Yang?"

"Yes, you are."

"I have wonderful news, ma'am. The patient has woken up and is ready for visitors."

Rose Yang did not need to hear anything else. Her Lisa was awake! She clapped her hands, her face brightening. "Thank you, I will head there right now!" She hung up the phone and took one step forward when Park Jimin stood up. His long legs made him take his sweet time carrying himself to her. He towered over her, his hands tucked into his front pockets.

"And where do you think you're going?"

"Oh, now you want to talk to me?" She flipped her hair over her shoulders and shoved past him. She tried to walk down the hallways, but her path was blocked by the same group of burly men who prevented her escape from the hospital.

"Listen here, buds. I don't have an IV pole with me this time, but I do have this fine and dandy—"

"Stop threatening my men." Park Jimin muttered, walking up to her and forcefully taking off her blazer.