Chapter 225: I Dont Care

Park Jimin stared into her eyes that were glorious like gold and so abnormally bright, he wondered how she managed to seal the stars within them.

"I told my grandfather that the only reason I am with you is because of your fortune and connections." He hurriedly added on, "But don't get angry. I also told him I planned on having you as my wife," Imagining her in a wedding dress caused a heartfelt smile to form on his face. She would look so beautiful, more than she already was.

"I had to tell him a lie or else he would find ways to get rid of you. If he discovers I finally have a weakness, there will be a target on your head." His soft expression dimmed as it became overshadowed with indignation.

"Do you..." Rosè Yang hesitated and asked, "Plan on hiding the truth forever?" She understood where he was coming from. From her judgment and the rumors of what Elder Park did when he was the Head of the Underworld, the man would not hesitate to brutally slaughter her.

Park Jimin immediately shook his head. "No."

It was never his intention from the start, but he had to say it this morning. He needed more time to secure her safety and protection.

"A few months from now, there will be an annual meeting with every major shareholder of the company present. They will come together and decide if the current CEO should be kept or changed. This process usually occurs in every five years." Park Jimin had already set his plan into motion. Many of the highest shareholders had already been contacted by him and a few were already on his side.

"You plan on ousting him." Rosè Yang felt her throat run dry upon coming to this realization. She did not want him to do it. She did not want a rift between Elder Park and Park Jimin.

Elder Park's methods and beliefs towards Park Jimin were brutal, but she, out of everyone else, saw how much the man adored this grandson. It was definitely tough love, but in the end, it was still love.

"I do."

"You shouldn't." She blurted out, her words taking him by surprise.

"Rosè, he will kill you if I don't uproot his influences—"

"There has to be another way. Your grandfather might hate me, but he loves you. He only wants the best for you."

"He doesn't know what's best for me." Park Jimin did not like the fact that out of all times, she had to be empathetic at this moment! It was not the right time for her to behave like this.

Rosè Yang shook her head. Her fondness towards the elderly, in particular, her grandfather and maternal grandmother prevented her from seeing the truth.

Everyone loved differently. She could tell Elder Park only wanted Park Jimin to prevail.

She did not want to be the reason for a split to occur in a family. She had already ruined her own family by being born, she was scared of ruining another.

"Don't do this to him, Park Jimin. He cares for you."

"But he does not care for you, and that's all I give a damn about." He sat up, only for her to follow suit. She grabbed his chin, forcing him to look at her.

"Don't publicly dethrone him, not after all of the years and effort he has put forth in teaching you how to rule." Her voice was gentle, like the sympathetic granddaughter she was. If only she knew... the majority of the beatings that Park Jimin received in his life were from his grandfather.

"That man does not love me. He only cares about keeping the power he has and having a formidable heir to continue his legacy." Park Jimin harshly replied, turning to her and immediately wishing he didn't. Her soft expression squeezed his heart.