Chapter 262: Leaving Him

Park Jimin studied her face with rigid eyes.

Rose Yang raised her head and dropped it when she saw his expression. He did not look pleased with her. She nervously bit her bottom lip, not realizing the small action stirred his heart.

She did not know how to quell his anger. She was too prideful to suddenly apologize. Without warning, she threw herself on top of him, completely surprising the man beneath her.

Park Jimin utilized all of his willpower to not hug her back. It was excruciatingly hard to resist the temptation, especially when she buried her face under his chin, just a few inches away from his Adam's apple. She wrapped her arms around his neck and stayed in her position for a very long time. Perhaps she was rallying the courage she needed, or perhaps this was her way of apologizing. Regardless of the reasoning, it was slightly effective.

Park Jimin nearly lost control when she abruptly kissed his neck and then buried her face into his shoulder. He was always an impatient person, where one second felt like a minute. He was notoriously known for lashing out when people made him wait. But when it comes to the petite woman resting on his chest, he had all the patience in the world. If she wanted him to wait for all of eternity, he would swallow his protest and oblige.

A tiny voice, sweet and calming, whispered into his skin. "I was wrong."

Park Jimin's lips twitched. "What was that?" He asked, cupping his ears.

Her voice grew even quieter. "I said I was wrong."

"I can't hear you."

Anger washed over Rose Yang whose head shot up. "I said I was wrong." She sat up from her position to glare at him.

Park Jimin's eyes darkened with desire. She did not realize her straddling position, but he most certainly did. Had she sat further back, he would've pushed her onto the bed and captured her lips.

Rose Yang fumed on top of him, her hazel eyes burning. Sparks of amber flashed in her eyes. "I know you heard me."

"Yes, but I did not hear an apology."

Rose Yang's frustration settled a bit when she realized she was supposed to be apologetic and not angry. She drew circles on his chest with her fingers. In a voice so quiet, it could barely pass as a whisper, she muttered, "I'm sorry."

Park Jimin had a slight smile on his face. It was barely there. "I'm sorry as well." He brought his hands and rested them on her hips, holding her in place so that she would not tumble over.

All of Rose Yang's anger and guilt washed away. A faint smile graced her lips as she leaned down and rested her body on top of him again.

Park Jimin let out a contented sigh upon having her peacefully in his arms. He patted her back and buried his face into her hair.

"Yesterday I went to see Cha Eunwoo again." She said against his shoulders. "We talked it out like responsible adults."

"Did you now?" Park Jimin listened to her explanation with open ears.

"Mmhm. In the end, we will remain friends."

Park Jimin was upset by her words and opened his mouth to protest, but she unknowingly interrupted him.

"I need him as my Vice President. Trust me, once he has been rejected, he will not pursue any further."

"And how can you be so sure?"

"Because I've known him for a very long time. Besides, I see him as a brother, so you can have my word that I will never see him as a romantic partner."