Chapter 337: Out of Respec

RY.

Rosè Yang tried to digest the story being told to her. She didn't know if this was a good or bad sign that Lalisa Park sought Jeon Jungkook's comfort out of every other friend she had.

"Well, did you do anything inappropriate to her?" Rosè Yang asked after a long, heavy silence. She wanted to laugh at Jeon Jungkook's sloppy appearance. It was too funny for her to resist and not tease him about. This was the first time she had ever seen this calm and collected man look so...chaotic.

"No, of course not." Jeon Jungkook frowned, his eyes narrowing. Did he seem like the type of guy to do something untoward to women? He was not a sleazeball. Unless there was a connection, he rarely touched people of the opposite sex.

"Then, we don't have a problem." Rosè Yang shrugged. She had trust in Lalisa Park's newfound training. She hoped the young woman would be able to kick ass and get herself out of sticky situations. On the other hand, she had a desire to give Lisa a thorough lecture about drinking alone.

"You're not mad...?" Jeon Jungkook expected his Boss to throw a fit about his treatment towards Lalisa Park. He had to admit, he did go overboard with this morning's argument about manners. He also made her cry. Why wasn't his boss yelling at him for that?

"No, of course not. Why would I be mad?" Rosè Yang rolled her eyes at him. She expected him to be mad at her for not showing up to work.

She didn't want to give him the opportunity to give her a lecture. "Now that we have overcome our obstacles, let's get back to work, shall we? When will we begin to interview the applicants?"

"Whenever you'd like." Jeon Jungkook scratched his head. He felt like he was forgetting something...

"Maybe next week." She opened the door to his office. "Oh, and I recommend checking yourself in the mirror." With a final wink, she disappeared out the door, speed walking down the halls.

- - - - -

The days trickled by quickly and soon, Madam Nam Heejin's banquet approached. Esteemed families from across the country were invited to her luxurious birthday celebration. Award-winning chefs were cooking up a storm in the back gardens. A legendary choir, that only performed once a year, was comfortably nestled in the corner, creating quiet symphonies. Only the best of the best waiters and waitresses were given the honor to serve at tonight's banquets.

People would kill to get their hands upon an invitation. Even when strings were pulled thin, no one was able to get in if they weren't originally considered. Once the invitation list was finalized, there would be no changes. Not even A-list celebrities were considered on the list and some of the country's most leading elites were also not invited. Only the top 1% of the 0.1% wealthy population were considered. It was an exclusive banquet, but luckily for some, the guests were allowed to bring a plus one.

Women clung onto their men and everyone was dressed in very low-key designer clothes. Every woman here was mindful of the dress code. They were dressed to secretly impress. None of these elites would be caught dead in a "famous" designer that only the commonwealth knew.

"My, doesn't Madam Park look more stunning than usual today?"

"I wonder what serum she uses on her face. She does not look a day over thirty!"

"You must tell us, Madam Park. I do not see a single blemish or wrinkle. What is your secret?"

"Gasp, is that an exclusive design by Eileen Sabe? The sequins, the Tiffany blue, and my goodness, just look at this lacework! If you flipped to the word elegant on the dictionary, everyone would see an image of you! It's stunning."