Chapter 360 - Torment Me

"What? You rejected the proposal?! But you've been dreaming about it day and night! Why are you backing out now that the other party has finally agreed to our terms?!" Hwang Yinan exclaimed, his face painted with sheer disbelief and horror. He was stomping his feet like the younger brother he was.

"Because it's wrong, okay?!" Hwang Minhyun retorted, turning to face his younger brother with a disgruntled expression. He was discharged from the military after requesting a few months off to sort through some problems. "She hates me. She's not going to come here willingly. Kidnapping her and then forcing her to stay is an impossible task. Besides, I don't want to treat her like that."

Hwang Yinan wondered which dimension he woke up in. His cruel, older brother was being sincere towards a woman? What for? When did this happen?! "I thought you were keen on taking her one way or another? What made you change your mind?"

"I've hurt her before." Hwang Minhyun sighed, running a tired hand through his hair. "I didn't do it directly, but my one of my men... You already know what he did. He was one of my closest friends. Don't his actions reflect what type of friends are around me?"

"But you made him pay for his mistakes. Even to this day, he is living with the pain of what you have done to him." Hwang Yinan tried to not think about the scene he saw. Man, he had never seen something so freaking brutal. It was insane and went beyond the nature of humane.

"I know." Hwang Minhyun grounded his teeth. "What has happened has happened. She is traumatized by it. I don't want to force the ring onto her finger."

"You've seriously lost your mind." Hwang Yinan sighed, disappointedly shaking his head.

Hwang Minhyun grunted in reply and took a sip of his sparkling water.

Hwang Yinan huffed at his older brother's lack of reply. Fine then.

Uninterested, he strolled over to the bookshelf of folders, wondering which one he should check out. Then a section, almost hidden, made his eyes go wide. "No way!" His knees buckled and he nearly bursts out loud. "Oh my goodness, are these books about courting women?" He fell onto his back and burst into roaring laughter.

"I need to post this on my private social media. Everyone needs to see this." He wheezed, wiping tears away from his eyes. He picked up one of the books and read the title out loud, "How To Make Your Crush Like You Back." His barking laughter infuriated Hwang Minhyun who tossed his bottle of water towards the young man's head.

Hwang Yinan easily dodged it, picking up another book. "101 Ways Of Charming Your Crush." He began to roll around on the floor, clutching his stomach, and letting out rounds of laughter.

"You better contact mother and father." Hwang Minhyun growled, standing up to his full height.

"Huh, why?"

"Because I'm about to become the only son!" Hwang Minhyun snarled, picking up the letter knife and stalking towards his younger brother who instantly stood up.

"Mercy, please!" Hwang Yinan cried in a high-pitched, mocking voice. "Pft!" He had to prevent himself from breaking out into fits of giggles. "Gosh, what will the soldiers think of their General reading these girly, romance books?!"

"That's it, you're going to die today." Hwang Minhyun raised his hand and was a second away from tossing it when a rough knock interrupted him.

Saved by the knock, Hwang Yinan let out a sigh of relief. It seemed he will live another night! He thanked his lucky Heavens and the Goddess of Mercy.

"What is it?!" Hwang Minhyun bit out. He placed the letter knife away and tucked it into his waist pants.

The large door was pushed open and in walked a butler in a tailcoat suit. His greying hair was neatly combed back, a pocket watch hanging from his vest. There was the Hwang Sigel sewn onto the cuff and collar of his suit.