Chapter 329: Hanging Off The Radio

Rosè Yang listened with open ears and a patient smile, waiting for Lalisa Park to speak again. Ever since the name was mentioned, there was a long pause. She turned to her side and rested her face upon her hands. She could see Lalisa Park's conflicted expression, moist eyes rimmed with red. She had a vacant stare.

Rosè Yang spoke up, "You don't have to talk about it if you do not want to."

"The first step of moving on is to acknowledge it." Lalisa Park responded. She breathed in through her nose and let it out through her mouth. Breathe in. Breathe out. The words of her therapist rang inside of her thick skull. No one knew about this, not even Rose Yang, but Lalisa Park had signed herself up for therapy when she began to realize the dark thoughts manifesting and harboring themselves into her head.

"We...we weren't supposed to ever run into each other." Lalisa Park could feel her heartstrings being tugged when she remembered the day of their first encounter. She could recount the brief conversation they shared, the awestruck expression on both of their faces. Love at first sight was an understatement.

"He's one of Park Jimin's most trusted men. I am the younger sister he babied." She grimaced at how cringey that sounded, but it was true. She opened her mouth and began to recount brief snippets of her relationship with Oh Sehun.

When they bumped into each other in the hallway, he asked, "A-aren't you Boss's baby sister?" When she nodded her head, he surprised her by dropping onto one knee and bowing like that of a knight.

He was so cute back then, with his profuse apology and stammering. Where did it all go wrong? When did alcohol and cigarettes come into the picture? Was it because her modeling career that was kicking off and she was beginning to get gigs with male models? This part did not make sense to her. She had brought up the topic on many accounts and told him that if he wanted her to, she would stop posing with men. She was willing to put her career to a screeching halt for him.

He reassured her by telling her it was fine. One minute he was calm, the next he was angry, and before she could register what had happened, he was back to normal. His rapid mood swings should've been the first warning sign. When her brain had waved a red flag, her color-blinded heart saw a green colored one.

One thing happened to another and the lovey-dovey trance in their relationship shattered. Arguments after arguments, endless arrays of smashed furniture. Screaming that woke up the neighbors, red and blue light of police officers, and cheating accusations. A messy break-up and an eternity of loathing. These were only the beginning of their self-destructive stages.

Then it happened.

Accusations turned into reality.

He was in the shower after getting into a heated argument and his phone buzzed on the nightstand. It wasn't a cliche "I miss you inside of me" text. It was a mission that required his immediate presence back to the headquarters.

She didn't think much of it and placed the phone back down. Shortly after he came out of the shower, he saw the text, and left without a word, disappearing into the night. They were too prideful to speak to each other.

Then, she received a text. From an unknown number.

Lalisa Park was already in her bed by then, ready to sleep, buried in the scent of Oh Sehun's blankets when she saw him entangled in another blanket. The picture seemed to be taken in the angle of a cracked-open door, but she could see the features perfectly. The ripple of his muscles, the black tattoo creeping to his forearm, she knew exactly who it was. His face was beet red, a sign that he had been drinking.

A drunk mind speaks a sober heart.

That was her argument when she confronted him the very next day, when he came home, exhausted from his "mission." He didn't even seem apologetic. He waltzed through the door, ready to start a new day. He had the audacity to say, "Hey babe, I missed you last night. I'll tell your brothers to stop assigning me things in the middle of the night."