Chapter 314: Jae Jae

The past.

CRASH!

"Where is she?" A boy seethed. His rigid eyes were filled with acrimony and disgust for the shaking servants in front of him. He had finally returned home from his abrupt study abroad session. The first thing he did was sought after Rosè Yang. He did not expect the message that followed after his request.

Park Jimin had trashed one of his mother's ancient European vases. It was worth a mansion or two. The cracked porcelain littered the ground; accompanying it was other pieces of furniture, decorative pieces, and paintings.

The damage he accumulated should've earned him a solid beating. No one had the guts to discipline the Young Master himself. If they wanted their limbs intact and family members alive, the servants were required to keep their mouths shut.

When none of the quivering maids with tucked heads spoke up, he stormed to his dagger collection. He picked out the sharpest one, twirling it in his hand.

"Young Master, please calm down—"

WHOOSH!

The knife whirled by one of the maids, a terrified shriek filled the room. It nicked the collar of her dress, cutting straight through the fabric. It sliced the side of her neck, causing blood to dribble out.

"This is me being calm." He warned her, turning to the drawer and taking out the unassembled gun with the parts neatly organized. In less than thirty seconds, the gun was assembled. He swiveled around and pointed the gun straight towards their heads, standing from a distance, "Now, repeat what you just said."

The maid's knees gave out before him, collapsing onto the floor when she saw the bloodlust in his inhumanely dark, soulless eyes. She felt like a serpent caught in the claws of a dragon who could squeeze her to death without trying.

Ever since she was a child, she was trained to be a skilled fighter that could protect the members of this household. She had felt so intimate until today. Staring into the black abyss of his eyes, she held her breath. He was not going to simply kill her. He was going to kill everyone she knew. She could see it. Her Young Master was no longer a child, no, his eyes did not hold such innocence.

She swallowed hard. Her lips were shaking when she repeated her words, "Young Miss Yang is refusing to step foot in this house—"

Click.

Park Jimin unlocked the trigger of his gun.

She panicked. "You have to believe me! Young Master, what benefit would I get out of this by lying to you?" The maid cried out, her voice erratic and her eyes wide, bristling with unshed tears. She was shaking harder than a leaf on a windy night.

BANG!

Park Jimin's finger went through the trigger hole and he would've shot the maid blank in the head if it was not for the door that slammed open.

"ENOUGH." Park Minjun stormed into the room with a ferocious voice. He had never raised his voice to any of his children except for his eldest. It was not because Park Jimin drove him insane. He wanted to toughen the future man of the house.

Park Minjun's attempts were futile. His oldest son was already as tough as a rock. The thundering voice did not affect his son whose eyes did not lift from the defeated maid. "She speaks the truth. Rosè Yang has denied your audience."

"Lies." Park Jimin growled, ready to turn the gun to his father for the sake of the girl who stole his heart and was now not returning it.

Buried deep within his heart, Park Minjun felt remorse. He regretted allowing his wife to send his son off to Park Hwan.