Chapter 268: Succumbing To Him

Yang Wenjin was a weak-minded man who easily blurted everything out. Though, it did take a while with few missing body parts and a severely beaten body.

Park Jimin had everything he needed. Yang Wenjin kidnapped Rose Yang due to the public humiliation he faced. He could not keep his daughter in control and wanted to do it through different means, but after he caught word that there was a man looking for her, offering an enormous sum of money just to obtain her, Yang Wenjin decided to kill two birds with one stone.

After endless torturing, Yang Wenjin finally concluded that he did not know the identity of the man looking for his eldest daughter. He did not know if the man was a dangerous person, a pervert, or a sick freak, yet he did not hesitate at the idea of selling her.

Park Jimin decided he had extracted all of the information he needed from Yang Wenjin. The next step was to ponder on what he should do with the pathetic, squabbling man in front of him.

He turned to Kim Namjoon, "Go search for that man."

'All my love is gone and the hate has grown...'

'I'm standing all alone and I'm searching for something.....But I can't feel nothing.'

Kim Namjoon blinked at the ring tone. He recognized this song, as his wife constantly hummed it when it was newly released. Coincidentally, it was Rose Yang's favorite song.

Park Jimin's desolate eyes landed on Kim Namjoon who quickly scrambled out of the door to fulfill the order.

Park Jimin studied Yang Wenjin's pitiful and sorry state for a while before he wordlessly stood up and left the room without turning back. What's done is done. The only thing left for him to do was to search for the mysterious man now.

He picked up his phone and the melody known as her voice came through.

"Jimin, are you coming home for dinner tonight? I...I cooked tonight." Rose Yang said while adding in the soy sauce and tasting the flavors.

Park Jimin's heart melted, "Of course." He wondered if he would frequently come home to her cooking now that they're married. The idea of coming home to a table filled with food, surrounded by his children and his lovely wife, was a fantasy that he wanted to come true.

Growing up, he was accompanied by his grandfather but most of his dinners were spent eating alone. He lived in his grandfather's enormous estate, where he often ate in his room. Nothing was more depressing than the clicks of the chopsticks, the servants waiting upon him in the corner of the room, and the food that was decently cooked, but bland and tasteless to him. Even with the different arrays of meat, vegetables, and seafood, turning the table into a world of colors, to him, it was all a grey mush.

"I will finish cooking within thirty minutes. Don't come home too late, okay?" Rose Yang went to prepare the vegetable stir-fry where she added in some oyster sauce, fish sauce, garlic, and then a tiny sprinkle of sugar to balance the saltiness.

"I'm already on my way home." Park Jimin had planned to stay here till a bit later to finalize everything, but now that he knew his wife was already home, he was eager to return back to her.

- - - - -

Rose Yang gulped when she saw the blackened dessert. How can one burn milk pudding to this extent?! She expected to see a flawless bowl of white, silky smooth and soft pudding, not this lump of coal.

The sound of a car pulling to the front entrance startled her. She grabbed the metal grab without the oven mittens and burned herself in the process.

CLANK!

The metal tray fell out of her hands, loudly falling onto the floor.

Park Jimin was midway taking off his coat when he heard the commotion in the public kitchen. His heart was drumming in fear when he dashed for the swinging door, only to see a woman huddled over spilt...ink? He watched as she poked it before letting out a cry of frustration before picking up the paper towel.