Chapter 361 - Ugly Dispute

The chirping of the birds upon the blooming branch was what roused the sleeping woman on the bed. Weary, chestnut eyes swept across the spacious, yet tastefully decorated room. Flowy, muslin curtains flowed from the canopy bed, swaying to the tamed gust of air seeping through the cracks of the slightly ajar windows. She glanced upwards and saw a contemporary chandelier that seemed to be a jumble of large rings encrusted in diamonds.

She glanced down at her hands, bending her fingers one by one, then unraveling it like a confused child. Her hand immersed itself over the thick, fur comforter.

"Oh my." The maid's eyes widened in shock when she saw the conscious woman sitting upright on the bed with a dazed and curious expression. "Madam, you're awake."

Rosè Yang quirked her head and scanned the room again. 'Madam? Where?'

The maid tucked her hands in front of her and deeply bowed. "Please pardon my manners. I didn't knock because I didn't expect you to be awake." 'Oh dear, oh dear!' She was slightly panicking at her ruined first impression of this breathtaking woman.

"Please excuse me. I will fetch for the Young Master right away!"

Rosè Yang reached her hand out her to stop her, "W-wait—"

Unfortunately, it was too late, the maid had already scurried off, in search of her so-called Young Master.

Rosè Yang dejectedly dropped her hand with distress written all over her face. She wanted to know where she was, who she was, and what she was doing here? Why was it that she couldn't recall anything? Her head was as blank as a canvas. This place felt so unfamiliar and new to her.

Not less than five minutes later, the double-doors were flung open and a tall, brooding man entered. His hair was windswept as if he had run all the way here. His eyes were wide and rapidly searching the room for her.

There she was. Sitting on the bed like a little princess.

Not less than a second later, another man walked into the room with features similar to the first one.

Hwang Minhyun took one hesitant step forward, waiting for her protest. But she didn't say or do anything aside from curiously staring at him. Why didn't she violently react and curse him to the deepest pits of hell? Then he walked another step and she tilted her head like a lost little bunny. His heart warmed at her actions. Simply too adorable.

"Hello..." Rosè Yang courteously said, clasping her hands together. Was this the Young Master? Her head throbbed. By some miracle, she recognized his handsome face but didn't know where she had met or encountered him before.

"Rosè Yang, you're awake."

"Rosè Yang...?" She repeated the name, testing it on her tongue. Quiet and demure, she was as defenseless as a hunted rabbit. "Is that my name?" Why did he look so nervous about approaching her? Wasn't he the owner of this beautiful room?

Hwang Minhyun's heart pounded. Could it be? His breath was stuck in his throat and no matter what he told himself, he couldn't calm down. The possibilities here were endless. "Yes, my little butterfly. Why? What's wrong?" He had reached her bedside by now.

Rosè Yang wondered why he looked so eager to see her as if she was the bringer of light in this murky world. The pleading look in his eyes didn't help her confusion. His gloved hands twitched, almost as if he wanted to touch her, but couldn't bring himself to do so.

"I-I don't..." She didn't know what she was trying to say. Her hand traveled up to her chest until it settled at her collarbone. Her fingers brushed against the cold, metal necklace. "I don't know what's wrong with me." Was her conclusion.