Chapter 282: Come Alone

"Love always fades as time goes by." Rosè Yang responded. "When people become more familiar and comfortable with each other, passion often fades faster between couples that have been together for two months in comparison to two decades."

It was the inevitable truth. Sometimes there will be lucky ones who love each other to their very last breath, but those were quite rare. For example, the love between Yang Marco and his wife. Even after her death, he still wore his wedding ring.

"At the very least, you're able to recognize the stage of your relationship now is only the beginning. It's just puppy-love. Once you pass through this stage, everything will be harder for you and your relationship." Ha Neul sighed. "Rosè, I always have your best interests at heart." She fondly brushed away the strands of hair irritating Rose Yang's face.

"Find someone who loves you for who you are, not because you give him a hard time and are 'different from the rest.' Once you do, he'll fall for the real you, not the one you portray."

Rosè Yang kept her mouth shut. The real her? Park Jimin saw all of it and yet, he continued to embrace her. Even when she pushed him away, he'd hug her tighter. It was a double-edged sword. He was heavily infatuated with her and because of it, she could never love another. She was pretty sure that there would be dead bodies piled up in front of her front door before she could even think about entering a relationship with another man.

"And who's to say, those men also won't get tired of me once they have unraveled the mystery of discovering who I am?"

Ha Neul's lips curved upwards. "Indeed, there is also that problem."

When her grandmother was not looking, Rosè Yang glanced over her shoulder. Leaning by a wide and ancient tree was Park Jimin whose arms were folded over his chest. When their eyes met, her heart fluttered. He winked. She smiled.

"In the end, I want you to consider my words. Be wary of men like him, especially the one so powerful, from whom you could never escape." Ha Neul said. "If you plan to leave, leave now and never look back. Run while you still can."

Escape? Run? Did she even want to do any of that? Once all of the problems were resolved, she planned on settling down with him and having children. Starting a family of her own was something she always wanted, but her previous fear of having children got in the way. Meeting Park Jimin had changed that about her.

Rosè Yang did not want to talk back. She could only nod her head and listen on.

- - - - -

"Are you leaving so soon? Why not stay the night? Your cousins are staying here, it would be a good opportunity to see them while you can."

'I don't want to see any of them.' Rosè Yang kept her thoughts to herself.

"I have work tomorrow." Rosè Yang said while standing by the car with Park Jimin right beside her. She had originally planned on staying a bit longer, but that was before she announced herself as the CEO of RY to her employees.

"It's always work, work, work with youngsters. If not work, it's busy vacationing in Milan and shopping till you drop." Ha Neul bitterly said.

"Halmeoni, I will come and visit you again soon. Do not worry." Rosè Yang's lips quirked into an amused smile. "My job is never more important than you, but I have to work hard in order to save up for a family. Children are very costly to raise."

"Hmph, if that's the case, I expect frequent phone calls and a visit every month. Preferably, I would like you to come alone." Ha Neul briskly said, never once sparing a glance towards Park Jimin, not that he cared. For Rosè Yang's sake, he remained calm and collected, a rigid and an unbreakable expression on his face.

"You'll see me every time she comes." Park Jimin spoke up, earning a glare from Ha Neul.

Rosè Yang chuckled, patting his chest. "He has work."

"Not when you're involved." Park Jimin wrapped his fingers around her hand, pressing a kiss to her fingertips, then lacing her fingers with his. He tugged her a bit closer.

Ha Neul glowered at him with her upper lip curled in disdain. Smitten puppy.

- - - - -

Park Enterprise, the next day.

"Boss, your code worked. We got through the security. Everything about him, beyond the surface, has been recovered." Kim Namjoon informed Park Jimin. Originally, he had sent in a brief report about General Hwang Minhyun because not much was known about him. All of his files and background information were deeply hidden and when Kim Namjoon was able to hack into a system, he discovered a code. It was extremely complicated and only his Boss was able to crack it so quickly.

Park Jimin opened the report and intently absorbed every detail. By the end of it, the sides of the paper were crumpled from how tightly he clenched it. "Tighten the security around Rose Yang immediately. If she wants to go somewhere, have everything within a ten-mile radius monitored." He commanded. He did not think Hwang Minhyun would be a very powerful opponent until the details were all revealed today.

"Yes, sir." Kim Namjoon typed the command into his tablet and less than five minutes later, more people joined the forces set to ensure her safety. There were always people accompanying her and nearly all of them were out of sight. Combined with the people that Yang Marco assigned to trail her, she was, without a doubt, one of the most heavily protected women in this country.

Park Jimin knew she was the type of woman who was too stubborn to be accompanied by physical bodyguards by her side. That was why he specifically made sure they were kept hidden and would only appear when needed. She wanted her freedom and he was trying his best to give her that. The only thing he could never give her was distance from him.

"Elder Kang will want to see my grandfather with evidence. Make sure he never does."

Kim Namjoon obediently nodded his head. "Sir, we have found the culprit that sent the voice recordings and spied on Elder Park. What shall we do with him?"

"Find out how long he has been spying on Elder Park for and what he has heard. Then dispose of him."

"Yes, sir." Kim Namjoon typed into the tablet again.

"Also, in regards to Young Miss Lisa's issue, we have found a bank account. It showed a record of significant amounts of money being wired into separate accounts, most likely paying everyone involved. However, we have not tracked down the owner of the account yet."

"You have a week." Park Jimin responded, picking up his pen to begin working.

KNOCK!

KNOCK!

KNOCK!

Kim Namjoon paused what he was doing and briefly glanced at the door then back to his boss. He was confused. People rarely knocked on his door since not many were allowed entry here except for his private assistants, which currently only consisted of him. Kang Seulgi was part of the team, but she was removed, so it was mainly Kim Namjoon knocking.

Park Jimin pressed a button and in strolled Bae Anna cladded in a black blazer, white top, and black dress pants.

Kim Namjoon was a bit taken back by her presence, but he figured it was time for a new secretary to be introduced. It was more efficient to have two people as it would allow for a check and balance system.

"Show Bae Anna around the office." Park Jimin commanded without looking up from his papers. He could easily pass the work onto trustful employees like Kim Namjoon, but he preferred to do it himself. That way, he was deeply immersed in the company's affairs and knew everything that was there to know.