Chapter 382 - Only Human

Rosè Yang leisurely sat in the garden, sipping a cup of tea while marveling at how well the flowers had grown. On the table in front of her was her work laptop and a pile of paperwork that she had to do.

She decided to work from home today and personally read over the profiles of a few outstanding interviewees that caught Jeon Jungkook's eyes. Sadly, she was never the type to be impressed by a simple resume and demanded he faxed all of the folders to her so that there were no biased judgments.

A breeze waltzed past her, bringing with it the floral scent of the blooming flowers. A loose, white cardigan was resting on her shoulders, thanks to Park Jimin's nagging. She knew a few meters away from her, a maid was watching over her to ensure nothing went awry.

Close to her and hidden somewhere else, were her bodyguards. She wondered what happened to the prior ones... she hadn't seen them ever since she was kidnapped.

Her eyes dropped to the rosey-brown tea, praying they didn't suffer any major consequences. She remembered asking Park Jimin what happened to them and he responded that they were given extra training lessons. Kim Namjoon was with him at that time and even he stiffened, his face turning pale. By extra training lessons, she didn't know the extent of their strenuous exercise routine that only accepted perfection and nothing else.

Sighing to herself, she lifted her gaze from the teacup and looked around the garden before deciding to make a mental note to ask Park Jimin to lessen any consequences upon the bodyguards.

Supposedly, their transmission was hacked, therefore, none of her usual people showed up. It wasn't the bodyguards' fault that their phone received the wrong message. She texted her thoughts to Park Jimin.

[Hubby ♥: If you miss them, you'll see them tomorrow.]

Rosè Yang's lips tilted upwards, only to drop a second later when a maid ran into the garden with a disarrayed expression. She slowly turned her head towards the advancing woman that slowed down just before she reached the tall-bushes that separated this place from the house.

Rosè Yang was impressed by how well the maid composed herself. Not a single detail was out of place in her appearance.

The maid rested one hand on top of the other, placing it on her stomach, dipping into a bow. "I deeply apologize for the intrusion, Madam. A guest is demanding to see you."

"Who is it?" Rosè Yang raised a brow.

"The private secretary of President Yang Marco ." Li Xuan.

Rosè Yang placed her teacup down. Her grandfather couldn't come here himself and speak to her? She frowned at this idea, slightly offended by his actions. "Send him away."

"Understood, Madam." The maid bowed and excused herself while Rosè Yang turned to her computer. She opened it and attempted to begin her work, but a loud commotion could be heard. Her lips thinned like her patience. Slamming the laptop shut, she ordered the maid to bring everything back to her private study room.

"Sir, Madam does not want to see you. You can't trespass on the jurisdiction that you were sent by her grandfather." The maid calmly explained to Li Xuan who was adamant on seeing Rose Yang one way or another.

Lung Suho impatiently tapped his foot, glancing at his watch. He had been working as a Vice President for Yang Marco for as long as he could remember, he had never witnessed Rose Yang denying an invitation to see her grandfather. He figured a fight might have occurred between them for a rift this big to happen in their relationship. Today's matter was urgent and her presence was direly needed.

Li Xuan didn't come unprepared. He had a group of menacing men behind him, ready to attack on his orders.

"What is going on here?" Rosè Yang demanded, storming to the front entrance where two businessmen behaved and stood like local thugs. She had never witnessed Li Xuan's angered, stormy face. It was vicious, as a loyal lapdog like him should be. His eyes were filled with indignation as if he was triggered by her actions.