𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝘄𝗼

˖

Everyone was gathered around together, outside in the garden, as the kids played, whilst the others sat and spoke amongst themselves.

"Hey Aneysa, I forgot to ask, do you still work with Neteyam?" Love asks.

Aneysa nods, "I was going to leave. Until I realised how many patients come in just to flirt with my husband. And no actual injury is shown. So, I keep myself around."

"Protective. I see" Ao'nung laughs.

"It's fun having her around" Neteyam puts his arm around Aneysa's shoulder, the two of them sat next together, "everyone loves her."

"Because I am an absolute delight" Aneysa laughs.

"Aneysa, do you mind keeping Lo'reya with you whilst I go look for some wipes? She got cake all over herself" Tsireya walks over to Aneysa.

Aneysa nods and takes Lo'reya, as she puts her carefully into her lap.

"So you ask Aneysa? Instead of your own brother?" Ao'nung asks.

"Yes because I know you'd just make her more messy!" Tsireya shouts at him before making her way inside.

Lo'reya holds onto Aneysa's hair, rolling strands around her tiny chubby fingers.

Aneysa smiles as she watches Lo'reya, who's fascinated by the one strand that she repeatedly plays with, and she sits in Aneysa's lap quietly.

"She must really like your hair" Neteyam says to her.

"Thank you very much" Tsireya runs back out, with a wipe in her hand, before she comes to take Lo'reya out of Aneysa's lap.

Slightly struggling, considering Lo'reya didn't wish to get up, but instead wished to stay in her lap.

Eventually, Aneysa helps Tsireya out, gently taking her hair out of Lo'reyas' fingers, for Tsireya to then take away.

As she was taking Lo'reya away, Aneysa watched her with a sad smile.

She was happy for Tsireya. Very happy, to see her best friend with a child, living her best life.

But it hurt her to know that she could never have the same.

Aneysa feels Neteyam hold onto her hand, causing her to turn around and look at him.

"You okay?" He asks her.

She nods, before she whispers to him, "I'm fine."

He keeps his hand holding onto hers, before placing into his lap, not wanting to let go.

As a Doctor, Neteyam understood the pain that Aneysa would go through. He has been through it all.

Seen it all, with other women.

Therefore, he made sure to do his very best to show her, that no matter what happens, he'll never leave her side.

"Did you guys like my cookies?" Neytiri asks as she joins them.

Jake following behind like a puppy.