𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆

˖

"Mr Piscatella!" Tiana lets out cheerily.

"Tiana! Isn't is my favourite student" Mr.Piscatella, Tiana's English teacher smiles back, as he gives her a pat on her shoulder.

"You know we can all hear you, Mr.Piscatella" Tuk adds on. 

"I know" he chuckles, without moving his hand off Tiana's shoulder.

"So.. are we getting our new seats?" Tiana asks, awkwardly shifting away.

"Ah yes" Mr.Piscatella responds, "your name tags are put to your assigned seats.

Orla walks in, with droopy eyes, ready to slump down onto her seat.

"Hey pretty! Looks like you're sat next to me" Evan calls out, as he's sat in his seat, a space beside him with Orla's name tag on the table.

"Great" Orla shrugs and drags herself to take her seat.

As the lesson began, Orla sighed, leaning her head against the wall beside her.

"Do you want me to keep a look out?" Evan asks in a whisper.

"For what?" Orla mumbles back.

"In case Mr.Piscatella sees you sleeping" Evan responds, "I'll make sure if he looks this way, I'll give you a tap on the shoulder. Or something."

"Mhm. Sure" Orla mumbles back.

Tiana chuckles as she's sat in a middle table, another classmate sat beside her, watching Evan and Orla speak to one another.

"I'm not surprised we were put together" Tuk mumbles as she's sat next to Ethan.

He smiles, "I mean, unless you have a problem of having a man like me sat beside you."

"You're barely eighteen, to call yourself a man" Tuk chuckles.

"Hey. I'm older than you" Ethan fights back.

"Yes. By a year" Tuk rolls her eyes playfully looking back at her book.

Smiling to herself as she continues to write down what she had been asked to do.

Ethan looks over at her, a smile also appearing onto his face.

He preferred to sit and look at her all day, not caring about his work at all.

"Shouldn't you be doing your work?" Tuk asks, without letting her eyes leave her book.

"I should be. But I can't seem to look away" Ethan responds.

Tuk only sighs, not wanting to look up at him.

She found it quite awkward, having to look into her eyes when he speaks to her the way he does.