𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻

˖

Two days before the big day

"Efe! Orla! I've made you breakfast!" Aneysa calls out.

"Coming!" Orla shouts back, before the two of them make their way down.

Orla and Efe had both moved back into Aneysa and Neteyam's home, now that everything was falling back into place. Once again.

"I have made so many things this morning" Aneysa chuckles, as she turns her head to see Efe and Orla walk in to sit at the dining table.

"It smells really good" Orla smiles.

"Could you help me out?" Aneysa asks.

"Of course" Orla responds, already making her way into the kitchen to get a hold of the plates.

"Where's Teyam?" Efe asks.

"Teyam is out" Aneysa responds, using one hand to grasp onto her crutch, the other holding onto a plate of pancakes, "which means, I get to spend the day with you two."

"Ooh, we should get the pool out!" Orla suggests, "it's like thirty degrees out, we could get some sunscreen on, you know. Have a little pool party."

"Just the three of us?" Aneysa asks, as she takes a seat. 

"Yeah, why not?" Orla shrugs, as she takes her seat, placing the glass bottle of water down on to the table, "Efe could use a day out in the sun. He's pale as a ghost."

"Orla" Aneysa tilts her head and chuckles.

"I haven't been in a pool" Efe tells them.

Aneysa turns her head around to look at him.

"What, ever?" Aneysa asks.

Efe shook his head no, "my old mom, she was not fun. She was always at work."

Aneysa nods, thinking about the idea, before looking back at Orla, "I guess we're having a pool party."

-

"Push me!" Lo'reya shouts.

"Alright alright" Lo'ak sighs as he gets himself up, off the park bench, and walks towards Lo'reya, who was sat in a toddler swing.

"Daddy, why you so ti'ed?" Lo'reya frowns.

"Daddy hasn't been getting enough sleep, love" Lo'ak responds, gently pushing her forwards.

"Daddy want to s'eep?" Lo'reya asks.

"No no" Lo'ak smiles, "I bought you to the park so you can play. No sleeping."

He begins to push her higher, smiling as he hears her giggle. 

With each push, her tiny feet seemed to touch the sky, her giggles harmonizing with the rustling of the wind.

His eyes followed her, pride and tenderness mingling in his gaze as he marveled at the innocence and wonder in her sparkling eyes.