𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗲𝗻

˖

Orla sat at the table in silence. She seemed tired. Sleepy.

But she knew that Aneysa and Neteyam would have questions. Of course they would.

She turned up at their doorstep with a suitcase.

"So, your mother just dropped you off here?" Aneysa asks.

Orla nods, "Kavin said that he knows where you live. And that I would be safe here."

"And where exactly has Kavin gone?" Neteyam asks, "or your mother?"

Orla shrugged, "all they told me was that they were leaving for some time. They didn't say where."

Aneysa sits down opposite her, "Orla, do you have no one to call?"

She shook her head no, "I moved here recently, to live with my mother and her boyfriend, Kavin. My father lives in Ireland."

"And how old are you?" Neteyam asks.

"I'm thirteen" Orla says.

Aneysa stood back up to Neteyam, "we can't just make her leave" she whispers.

"She's a minor. Someone from her family needs to be informed" Neteyam says.

"I um.." Orla speaks, making Aneysa turn around, "I have a number. It is supposedly a relatives number."

She passes Aneysa the note, with the number placed onto it.

Aneysa takes it from her and then looks back at Orla.

Orla looks at her, her eye lids almost closing, but opening once again, as she tries to stay awake.

"Hey, Orla, why don't you rest? Hm?" Aneysa says to her.

Orla opens her eyes, sitting up, "I'm fine. I can stay awake."

Aneysa smiles at her, "it's okay. Come, I will take you up to bed."

She helps Orla up, noticing that she was shivering.

Aneysa then hands over the note to Neteyam, "try this number, I'll be back."

-

She takes Orla up to their guest bedroom, before helping Orla take off her jacket, placing it behind the door.

Orla takes off her socks, folding them up, and placing them to the side, before she sits on the bed.

Aneysa places her bag down, before turning around seeing Orla sat up.

"Lay down" Aneysa says to her, walking towards the bed.

"Are you sure?" Orla asks.

Aneysa nods, holding the blanket out.

Orla lays down, before Aneysa tucks her in, placing the blanket above her.

"I'm sorry to say this, but ever since I've moved here, Kavin has been nothing but bad news" Orla says.