𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

˖

"Now Ma" Neteyam tilts his head at her, his eyebrows scrunched in confusion.

Neteyam, Aneysa and Neytiri were stood in the kitchen, whilst Efe was sat down next to Orla.

"Look, I'm not telling you to make a decision right now. He has a weeks time, top. But please, think about this" Neytiri says.

Neteyam looks to Aneysa to see how she felt but could only see a blank face in return.

"Look, I've been making improvement with Efe. A child like him does not deserve to go into the system. And Aneysa was the one to bring me to the hospital that day. You could be great parents to him" Neytiri says.

"Have you asked anyone else?" Neteyam asks.

"No" Neytiri replies.

"We'll think about it" Aneysa finally speaks up.

Neteyam looks at her.

"We will discuss about it more, and when we come to a decision we will let you know before the end of the week" Aneysa smiles and then turns around to walk away.

"Have you only asked us, just because Aneysa can't have kids?" Neteyam asks.

"No. It's nothing about that. In fact, I just think he deserves to have someone like Aneysa to be a mother figure to him. She's strong and independent. Tsireya is currently crying, and having a mental breakdown, from what I've heard from Lo'ak. Kiri is still in university and doesn't have the time on her hands for responsibility like this. You and Aneysa.. you're both stable. You're both strong willed and I know that you'll be great" Neytiri says.

Neteyam sighs, looking down.

"I'm a mother, Neteyam. I know what's best for children and I know that she will be good for him" Neytiri says.

"She had a breakdown, yesterday" Neteyam says to his mom.

"Who? Aneysa?" Neytiri asks, surprised to hear this.

Neteyam nods, letting out another sigh, "I found her on the bathroom floor, Ma. I don't know if she will be able to handle this stress. She just lost another person. Her best friend is treating her differently because she can't be a mother. I don't know what to do."

"You just have to be there for her Neteyam" Neytiri replied, "she needs your support and your love. You made her breakfast so that's a great start."

Neytiri smiles as she positions her head to get a view over his shoulder.

Neteyam turns his head around, to see Aneysa laughing, as Efe got a drop of chocolate on his nose, and Orla, who was stuffing her face with turkey rashers.

"Just give it a thought son. This might actually help her forget the bad and move past it. Positively" Neytiri tells him.

-

"Hurry up and get in" Neteyam tells Aneysa as he's laying down in their bathtub, his back leaning against the edge as he watches Aneysa get undressed.

"Stop eyeing me like I'm candy" Aneysa replies, as she's taking off her shorts.

"I can't help it" Neteyam smirks, "you're my wife. Unless you want me staring at other naked women?"