𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲

˖

"Yes father but I-"
"No, I didn't kill him this time!"
"This is about Aneysa and she needs my help. She needs your help. Please."

Ao'nung is heard on the phone, desperately trying to persuade his father to help, whilst Neteyam was sat outside the patients surgery room, waiting for someone to let him know what is happening.

He sank into the chair, his body weighed down by a heavy sorrow. Tears welled up in his eyes, shimmering like fragile crystals under the soft light.

A constellation of glistening droplets adorned the delicate skin around his eyes, tracing a path of anguish and heartache.

His gaze was distant, lost in a sea of memories and emotions that surged forth, leaving their mark in the form of tear-stained trails.

The sound of her screams echoing out the door, only making his heart ache even more, when he hears how much pain she was in. How much pain Kavin had put her through.

Lo'ak came rushing in, towards his brother, completely missing Ao'nung who's was still on the phone to his father.

"I heard what happened. Was it bad?" Lo'ak asks, sitting beside him slowly.

He could tell by the distant look on Neteyam's face, just how much this affected him.

And that wasn't enough before they heard another scream.

Her screams pierced the air, a symphony of agony that shattered the stillness around her. Each cry seemed to tear through her very soul, carrying with it the intensity of searing pain.

Lo'aks eyes widened when he heard her, looking back at his brother, "what's going on? Why is she screaming that way? What are they doing to her?"

"He hurt her" Neteyam responded.

"I'm sorry.." Lo'ak apologises.

With the way his brother spoke, and just how distraught he looked, only showed Lo'ak just how bad the situation was to be.

"Why are you here, Lo'ak?" He turns his head to face his brother, "your wife and child are at home. You shouldn't be here."

"I came to check on you. To see if you are okay, Neteyam. Mom and dad are worried about you" Lo'ak responds, "you haven't given an update properly or nothing. Ao'nung told me you guys were here."

"Go home, Lo'ak" he stood up, turning his back towards his brother, not wanting to speak another word.

He walks towards the door, stood nearby.

"Sit down. Have some water" Lo'ak follows him as he holds Neteyam gently from his shoulders.

"Go home-! Lo'ak" Neteyam moves him away, looking at him pleadingly, before his voice cracks, "please. Go. Your wife and child need you. I'll be fine."

Lo'ak nods, "just update me when she's out of surgery then?"

He gives Lo'ak a nod and turns the other way, looking back at the door.