𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝗼𝗻𝗲

˖

"Do you want me to read this one?" Neteyam pulled out one of Aneysa's books, his bottom lifting up from the chair for a split second before sitting back down again.

He turns to Aneysa, who was laying down on their bed, her eyes filled with sorrow as she felt distraught, after it being confirmed, that she could not conceive children.

"There is no happy ending" Aneysa whispers in a response, her eyes kept down to her hands, her mind had become blank for a moment.

Neteyam looks up at her face, knowing that she wasn't referring to the book in his hand.

"What is that supposed to mean?.. Aneysa?" His eye brows slightly furrowed and hi lips forming a gentle frown.

Neteyam's eyes held a hint of worry, their usual warmth replaced by a cautious uncertainty.

"Hilal i- understand your sorrow. I do, but, we can work this out together" Neteyam shaky hands hold onto hers gently.

"Neteyam. I will never be able to give you the family that you want. You've always spoken about wanting your own children, I can't give you that. I will never be able to" she let out a light sob, "there is no Aneysa who chases false hope anymore."

"I don't understand" Neteyam's voice becomes more stern to let it get across to her properly, as he keeps their eyes locked together intensely, "even if you chose to lost hope, and leave my hand.. I won't leave yours. I will always be by your side."

She looks away from his eyes, as they flutter away the tears that threaten to fall out her eyes.

"Would you ever leave me? If it was the other way round?" Neteyam asks.

She knew it sounded ridiculous but, her heart was breaking each time, as her head over filled with worries that Neteyam would eventually leave her one day. 

"Neteyam, just go" she sobbed out, the tears now fell down, as she could no longer hold them back, "leave me alone."

"I know that is not how you really feel" he feels her trying to get out his grip but he fights back and holds onto her hand tightly, "just like I know those words aren't coming from your heart."

She shook her head no, as she continued to sob.

"Aneysa" he brings himself to sit on the bed beside her, his free hand in use now, as he cupped onto her cheek gently, as he positions her head to look back at him, catching her eyes into his once again, "I still want to be with you just as before. Nothing will change that, I promise you."

She looked back at him, no words willing to come out as her sobs took over.

He moves in to give her a kiss onto her head, pressing his lips onto her gently.

Neteyam closes his eyes for a moment, keeping his lips in place as a tear rolls down the corner of his eye.

His lips parted, away from her head with a shaky breath as he quickly wiped his eyes, both his fingers touching each side of her cheeks gently as he keeps her head in place, looking towards her again.