𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻

˖

"You ready to go home?" Jamie walks in to the hospital room, giving Aneysa a soft smile, "Neteyam's just signing some papers, he'll be here soon."

She smiles back at him, "thank you."

"What for?" Jamie asks.

"For bringing me my wheelchair" she chuckles lightly.

"You don't have to thank me. You make it sound like it's a chore" Jamie chuckles back, as he's wheeling the chair towards her, "come on, let's get you up."

He places her arm over his shoulders, helping her up, and placing her down onto the chair.

Aneysa looks down at her leg, where the cast was placed.

Zoning out as a sudden flashback appears of her horrified scream, after the metal rod pierced through her leg.

She let out a shiver, causing Jamie to tilt his head and look down at her.

"You okay?" He asks her.

She zones back in, letting out a little stutter as she looks away slowly, "y-yeah. I'm okay."

He gives her an encouraging pat on her shoulder, "you're a strong woman, as far as I've known you Aneysa. Keep your head up, you've got this."

She gives him a smile, and a little nod, before the two of them head out, as he wheels her out.

-

Neytiri, Jake and Efe arrive to Aneysa and Neteyam's house.

"Tuk and Orla will be making their own way here. They've decided to walk? For whatever reason" Neytiri sighs, "it's like she doesn't want me seeing her friends."

"Mom, she's going through puberty that's just how it is" Kiri sighs with a smile, "don't worry. She still loves you. I promise."

"And who is this little fella?" Rotxo walks towards them, looking down at Efe.

His nose scrunches slightly, finding Efe adorable as he was stood holding onto Neytiri's finger with one hand, and Jake's with the other.

"This is Efe" Neytiri tells them.

Ao'nung pops his head over Rotxo's shoulder as Love follows behind, all of them now facing Efe.

Efe takes a couple of steps behind Neytiri's legs, hiding himself.

"Efe?" Love asks.

"Yes. Efe" Neytiri shoo's them away with her hand, noticing how they were making him scared, "he's part of our family now."

"Has Neteyam or Aneysa not told you all about him?" Jake asks.

"Why would they?" Lo'ak asks, walking in from the kitchen, whilst his wife was sat outside, soaking herself in the sun, and his daughter was running around in the garden.

They all look at one another confused.

"Hang on.." Ao'nung gasps, "have they had a child all along! They've been hiding him!"