𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲

˖

"After everything you put me through, you expect me to just fall into your arms?" Love shouts, as she's speaking on the phone.

Ao'nung walks into the house, just after he had bought home some groceries.

"Love, I'm home!" Ao'nung calls out, as he's closing the door behind her.

"What do you not understand? I want nothing to do with you!"

He hears Love shout, immediately dropping the bags to the side as he runs upstairs.

"I begged you. I begged you so many times to just let me be happy. And you made me feel like I was never your daughter to begin with" Love spoke.

In the midst of anger, her voice transforms into a tempestuous symphony.

The once steady cadence quivers with an underlying intensity, each word punctuated by an unmistakable fervor.

"Love?" Ao'nung calls out as he walks in.

She turns herself around, her phone in her hand had suddenly been slammed to the floor aggressively.

Her shoulders, once tense and elevated, now drooped with the weight of exhaustion.

The clenched fists had relaxed, fingers splayed and trembling slightly as residual adrenaline coursed through her.

With brows furrowed and lips tightly pressed, her face bore the traces of the tempest that had consumed her moments ago.

Slow, deliberate breaths replaced the rapid panting, as if she was consciously working to regain control.

"Love, what's going on?" Ao'nung asked her calmly, as he approached her.

"I can't do this again. I can't see him again- I don't want to!" Love let out a frustrated sigh.

"Who? Your father?" Ao'nung asks.

She sighs, looking up to let her tears flow back in.

Ao'nung could sense from the way that she stood, that it was bad news.

"My uncle had called. My father, he's unwell. And hopes that I come to see him, before he's dead" Love calms herself down, once she feels Ao'nung place his hand onto her cheek.

"I'm so sorry" Ao'nung could understand why she felt frustrated and overwhelmed by it all.

"I don't want to go Ao'nung. I don't wish to see him. After everything he did" Love looks at him pleadingly.

It was as if her irises held a universe of unspoken words, pleading to be deciphered. The soft curve of her lips betrayed a hint of anticipation, a silent plea for empathy.

"I know, Love. But I also know that you feel obligated to go, that is why you're frustrated" Ao'nung responds.

"What should I do?" Love asks him.

"I think you should go" Ao'nung makes her sit down on the edge of the bed, as he kneels down in front of her, holding onto both her hands, "I know, that he has been nothing but an asshole. He had no right to do what he did. But Love, if you don't go to see him one last time, it's going to hurt you once he's gone forever. And I don't want you to feel that way."