𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝗶𝘅𝘁𝘆 𝘁𝘄𝗼

˖

As the first rays of dawn gently kissed the horizon, the morning of the wedding unfolded with a sense of anticipation and excitement.

The air was crisp, carrying the faint scent of freshly bloomed flowers and the distant melody of birdsong.

"Almost done" Aneysa touches up Efe's curls, before placing both her hands above his shoulders to look at him well.

With a smile, she leaves the little boy a peck on his cheek.

"You look perfect" Aneysa smiles.

"Darling, i can't seem to get my tie on properly" Neteyam grunts, walking in as he's fiddling with his collars.

Aneysa looks back at him before she sighs, getting herself up, after she had been kneeling down to help Efe.

"Tey, what have I told you?" She takes a step forward, tiptoeing to reach behind his collars, "you have to keep your collars up to straighten your tie out. Then you can fold it again."

"I just want you to do it" Neteyam whispers to her, his lips brushing against her earlobe, with their faces just inches apart, as he watches her concentrate.

"Of course you do" she smiles back at him, "see, how long did that take me? A second?"

"I don't care" Neteyam replies.

"What do you care about then?" Aneysa asks, folding his collars back, neating out his shirt.

"How beautiful you look in that dress" Neteyam replies.

"Enough, Efe is here" she whispers before turning around to notice, he in fact, was gone.

"He ran out as soon as you came to help me" Neteyam smiles, his arm reaching to pull her closer, "now it's just the two of us."

"Who have a wedding party to go to in two hours" She replies, "do not mess my makeup Neteyam. It took me forever to do."

"I won't, I promise" he replies, brushing the strands of hair that covered her face, behind her ear, before leaving his palm to rest against her cheek, "am I not allowed to admire my wife?"

"You can" she nods with a smile, "but not if it turns sexual. At least not today."

"Of course not" Neteyam replies, "but one kiss wouldn't hurt."

"No" Aneysa tells him off.

"Just one?" He pouts his lips out.

Giving in easily, Aneysa rolls her eyes and smiles, "fine. It's not like I can say no to you when you look at me like that."

As the two lean in to kiss one another, Aneysa finds her body, practically craddled by one arm, her body pressed against his.

Until the sound of Orla clearing her throat had the two of them stop, Aneysa moving away first, followed by Neteyam turning his head around.

"Orla. You look beautiful" Aneysa smiles, "your curls look well with that dress."

"I'm not sure. I feel oddly placed in this dress" Orla responds, considering she had not been familiar to wearing such as a satin dress.