𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿

˖

"So, do you know why you're both here?" The principal asks.

"I traumatised two girls, whilst that one played hero and got himself into trouble" Orla responds.

"I was trying to help you" Evan responds.

"I didn't need your help" Orla responds through gritted teeth.

"Didn't look like it, when he was grabbing you from the back of your collar" Evan responds.

"Both of you, enough!" The principal shouts, causing the two of them to fall quiet.

"I know, that a friend of yours has gone through something terrible. But, this isn't the time for you to be acting out. You've only got a month left before the summer break" Their principal responds in a calm matter.

"So, what happens now?" Orla asks, as she's slid half way down on her chair.

"Well, I've had to call your parents, they will be on their way" the principal then looks to Evan, giving him a sigh.

"Let me guess, no one picked up" Evan shrugged.

"Unfortunately not. Is there anyone else to call?" The principal asks him.

"It's fine. I can go home on my own, and let them know I've been suspended" Evan shrugs.

Orla looks at him confused.

She gazed at him with an intense curiosity, her eyes fixed upon his face as if trying to decipher the secrets hidden behind his facade.

The furrowed lines on her forehead and the slightly narrowed eyes betrayed her suspicion, a silent acknowledgment that she could sense the weight of his concealed emotions.

-

"So.. how was it?" Neteyam asks.

Him and Aneysa now sat in his car as he's driving.

"It was fine" Aneysa responds, "nothing much to say about it."

"Aneysa" Neteyam calls out to her.

"Neteyam" Aneysa responds.

He lets out a soft chuckle, before holding onto her hand with one hand, the other placed on the wheel, "how about we get some ice cream?"

"Great. Then you're going to use that into getting me to tell you" Aneysa responds.

"Oh you love me that much that you know me so well?" Neteyam asks.

Aneysa rolls her eyes, a smile appearing on her face, "whatever."

"You know I'm right. You just don't want to tell me how you feel" Neteyam responds, "but I'll get it out of you."

"Mhm. I'm sure you will" Aneysa goes to pick up her phone, hearing it ring.

"Oh?" She tilts her head looking confused at her phone.

"Who is it?" Neteyam asks.

"It's coming from Orla's school" Aneysa responds before she picks up.