𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆 𝗼𝗻𝗲

˖

It was another sunny day, as Aneysa was out on her usual walk, on her way to buy her and Neteyam coffee's before she headed off to the hospital to see him.

Since being pregnant, she had decided to go about her days in ways that could have easily be done by travelling in car, but now she chose to walk.

One being that it felt much safer, and two that, she wished to stay well in shape and healthy.

Despite the box of doughnuts she had scoffed up just this morning.

"Good morning Charles" Aneysa smiles as she walks in, greeting one of the workers, who knew Aneysa to be a regular customer.

"Look at you! You are glowing!" Charles smiles back, as he places his cleaning brush to one side, making his way to greet her.

"I suppose that the sun is doing me much justice" Aneysa chuckles in response.

"It is definitely the pregnancy glow" He gives her a pout of admiration, "speaking of which, you must remember to ask for decaf."

"Of course of course. You constantly remind me every time I'm here, how could I possibly forget" Aneysa chuckles.

The two of them begin to catch up with one another, as Aneysa was stuck behind a queue.

"So Neteyam.. is he looking after you?" Charles asks.

"Of course. He has been a great husband" Aneysa nods, "just last night when he had returned home, he surprised me with one of those maternity pillows."

"Oh wow" Charles gasps, "he's really going all out.. as he should!"

"He has been great" Aneysa chuckles, "as cheesy as it might sound, I am glad it is Neteyam who I'm sharing this experience with. I don't think I'd wish to share it with anyone else."

"I am glad to see that you are well" Charles replies, "anyways, go ahead and order. Get an extra cake pop, it is on me."

"Oh no, you don't have to" Aneysa politely declines.

"I insist. You and your baby both deserve that cake pop. And I know that you are beyond hungry. So take it. In fact, take two" Charles chuckles.

As the two of them smile, the cafè had seemed to filled with much joy, as there were many voices being heard around. It was just like any usual, busy day.

But who knew there would be a slight twist to this day.

As Aneysa turns away, there was a sudden shout, coming from the kitchen.

"Oh no" Charles muttered before he dropped his cleaning brush, running towards the back, along with the other staff members.

Aneysa looked around, tiptoeing to get a look, yet it had suddenly become crowded as customers began to look over.

"She's been burnt!" Someone shouts.

"Her leg is burnt!" There was another shout.

"Somebody call 911!"

Many began shouting above one another, which is what Aneysa heard as she was trying to squeeze herself past, before she noticed the woman then sat on the ground, her leg beginning to blister as she got herself burnt.